No announcement yet.

sample workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sample workout

heres a sample workout of what i have been doing lately.....

running: 3 to 4 days a week....... 2 1/2 minutes at 7 mph into 30 second sprint at 10 mph, rest at 3 mph for 1 minute and repeat 10 to 12 times.....

weights: 3 to 4 days a week.... 12 front grip pull-ups, 12 cleans 185 lbs, 12 burpees, 12 single arm hang snatch 70 lb dumbbells.......rest 1 1/2 minute and repeat 5 times....each circuit lasts approximately 3 1/2 minutes by the 3rd i feel like quiting......I am constantly mixing different exercises into the mix and never do the same thing twice in the course of 3 weeks

after incorporating snatch, cleans and full body workouts i have never been stronger.....my core is stronger than when i would do 300 sit/crunch's a day.....there is no comparison.....

I do 2 a days at least 2x a week.....

I keep each circuit in whatever i am doing in the 3 minute range to mimic the duration of each round....

I box 4 days a week with my coach.....

After 3 months of circuit training I am 5 times the athlete i was and continue to push further each circuit.....when i began i never ran a mile in leass than 9 minutes, now i am under 7 minutes for the first time ever. I plan to be at a 6 minute mile as i believe this to be the mark of a well rounded athlete......
    Last edited by Detroit101; 07-08-2008, 09:21 PM.

Sounds good to me, what about your boxing skills? are you only training with your coach? have you got quality sparring partners?

Comment

yeah, let us know what you do with your coach.

you might think about adding in some shaddow boxing and something to help with your foot work eg. skipping on a daily basis.

i guess it depends on if you want to be fit or if you want to be a boxer

Comment

Looks good. Are you doing any plyometric training? I see you got some sprints in on your running. As mentioned trying throwing in some jump rope. Work in plyo twice a week if you can. It's amazing cardio if you do it right and keep the intensity high.

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
          heres a sample workout of what i have been doing lately.....

running: 3 to 4 days a week....... 2 1/2 minutes at 7 mph into 30 second sprint at 10 mph, rest at 3 mph for 1 minute and repeat 10 to 12 times.....

weights: 3 to 4 days a week.... 12 front grip pull-ups, 12 cleans 185 lbs, 12 burpees, 12 single arm hang snatch 70 lb dumbbells.......rest 1 1/2 minute and repeat 5 times....each circuit lasts approximately 3 1/2 minutes by the 3rd i feel like quiting......I am constantly mixing different exercises into the mix and never do the same thing twice in the course of 3 weeks

after incorporating snatch, cleans and full body workouts i have never been stronger.....my core is stronger than when i would do 300 sit/crunch's a day.....there is no comparison.....

I do 2 a days at least 2x a week.....

I keep each circuit in whatever i am doing in the 3 minute range to mimic the duration of each round....

I box 4 days a week with my coach.....

After 3 months of circuit training I am 5 times the athlete i was and continue to push further each circuit.....when i began i never ran a mile in leass than 9 minutes, now i am under 7 minutes for the first time ever. I plan to be at a 6 minute mile as i believe this to be the mark of a well rounded athlete......
          Looks good. Maybe throw in some swimming for more cardio if you'd like. With all the supplements you take, you should look like a damn bull

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
            Sounds good to me, what about your boxing skills? are you only training with your coach? have you got quality sparring partners?
            Since I only started 8 months ago i have mostly been learning technique and defense......we are starting to spar more heavily now and i am pretty excited about a few new gyms we will be venturing to.....my schedule is f@#$ed, I meet my coach in early mornings and i have limited time in the evenings.....my second job is starting to free me up a little so i will doing a lot more boxing....

Comment

Originally posted by laurinsane8 View Post
              Looks good. Are you doing any plyometric training? I see you got some sprints in on your running. As mentioned trying throwing in some jump rope. Work in plyo twice a week if you can. It's amazing cardio if you do it right and keep the intensity high.
              yes i love plyometrics and bodyweight training.....my routines are very rarely the same and i often do the workout of the day at www.crossfit.com, they are no joke......my workouts seldom last more than 25 minutes and i do 3x the workload......

I read a little bit about you on your website.....what are your thoughts on wheat grass??? i would like to know....

by the way...Nice Site! and welcome to boxingscene
              Last edited by Detroit101; 07-09-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X