Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, who do you think Ward will target now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who do you think Ward will target now?

Now that the rumours have been confirmed Kelly Pavlik has retired. Andre Ward still has a long road to recovery from his injury so by the time he is ready alot of fighters may be free. At the time I was disappointed he agreed a fight with Pavlik as I could only see a one sided victory but now is there a possibility of a much more competitive match up.

Who would you like to see him fight? From 168 and 175?

He needs a stay busy fight, At the better names are busy and Bute isn't going to fight anyone till he gets his confidence back, Maybe he can fight Adonis Stevenson if Adonis doesn't mind.

Comment

Ward said in the past he would only go up to 175 for the 'right fight' and that he doesn't intend to campaign at light-heavy.

With that in mind, I think he should fight Dirrell or Bute before rematching the Froch-Kessler winner.

Comment

Ahh I see. Right now there is no huge name at 175 so I guess that's off the table.

Yeah I'd still like to see him fight Bute. It's like the Khan Bradley situation. We just want to see it happen!

Comment

There's only really Dirrell & Bute that he really can face IMO. He's beat the other top names, quite comfortably.

I can't see Bute happening until he gets some sort of confidence back and if he fights Froch again I can't see him getting it back. Even if it does happen, I think Ward schools him.

Dirrell is the only person I'd be intrigued to see Ward face. I think Dirrell has all the physical tools to cause Ward issues but his career is in reverse right now, so who knows what's going to happen there.

I'd like to see him move up to 175 (if it's possible) and face Dawson & Pascal.

Comment

What is Dirrell's actual situation? We keep hearing he's training but he's like a ghost right now.

Comment

Andre the phaggot Dirrell actually announced his retirement like an hour before Kelly Pavlik did but no one cared enough to report it.

Comment

to consider his realistic options: it'll probably be rodriguez or stevenson seeing as he'll be coming from a long lay off

kessler-froch winner is likely next

Comment

I don't know he could fight anyone.

Ward is great and the closest thing to unbeatable in the sport today.

Comment

Bute, Degale, Groves are good fights for Ward. Dirrell need 1 or 2 fights to recover his status

Comment

Working...
                    X