Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry but Amir Khan is the biggest hype job in decades.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Agreed, overstatement for sure.
    You have to put things into perspective though. Sure there have been hype jobs that completely fell on their face and didn't beat anyone decent but they weren't hyped like Khan. Khan is supposed to be the face of boxing after May and Pac leave. This guy is supposed to be the best the sport had to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      He can beat some solid fighters strictly on his speed, but he can't beat the best unless they are tailored for his game, and even then it's tough. Take Maidana for example, that style is perfect for Amir yet he fought like a fool, didn't adjust, and still nearly got iced. He's just not a smart fighter, I don't know any other way to say it.
      Guys like Kotelnik and Judah and Malignaggi were perfect for him, guys who like to stay at range and box. No coincidence those were his most impressive wins. If Khan can stay at range and outspeed you, he will kick your ass.

Comment

You have to put things into perspective though. Sure there have been hype jobs that completely fell on their face and didn't beat anyone decent but they weren't hyped like Khan. Khan is supposed to be the face of boxing after May and Pac leave. This guy is supposed to be the best the sport had to offer.
        I think you are greatly overestimating how many people actually believed Khan was going to be the face of boxing. That talk mostly came from Khan fans.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I think you're being unfair.

After all, Khan has beaten good fighters. He has proved himself.

He's just not as good as most thought he was and could be, myself included.

I still think he's a good fighter.
          Beating Malignaggi is really not that impressive. He looked terrible against Maidana. He's had a couple solid performances and a few ****ty ones. He's decent and nothing more. He can stay beating on the second tier guys at 140 but he couldn't beat anyone elite in that division or at 147. Or at 135 when he was there for that matter. Maybe he's not the most overrated but he's not far from it.

Comment

He can beat some solid fighters strictly on his speed, but he can't beat the best unless they are tailored for his game, and even then it's tough. Take Maidana for example, that style is perfect for Amir yet he fought like a fool, didn't adjust, and still nearly got iced. He's just not a smart fighter, I don't know any other way to say it.
            you sound hurt are you a Khan fan? he got caught and KTFO it happens and we knew Khan chin is vulnerable and every opponent has a decent punchers chance.
            there definatly bigger hype jobs in the game right now Khan still one of the Top guys in boxing this is really only his 2nd loss

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Beating Malignaggi is really not that impressive. He looked terrible against Maidana. He's had a couple solid performances and a few ****ty ones. He's decent and nothing more. He can stay beating on the second tier guys at 140 but he couldn't beat anyone elite in that division or at 147. Or at 135 when he was there for that matter. Maybe he's not the most overrated but he's not far from it.
              The same thing went for Hatton after he was KO'ed. He got exposed and people liked to talk about him making some kind of come back because he beat Malignaggi.

I like Pauli but hate how people use him to justify their agendas. Khan was never that good and this fight validates that. However props to Garcia as everyone was writing him off. As a fighter that has to be more rewarding than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                The same thing went for Hatton after he was KO'ed. He got exposed and people liked to talk about him making some kind of come back because he beat Malignaggi.

I like Pauli but hate how people use him to justify their agendas. Khan was never that good and this fight validates that. However props to Garcia as everyone was writing him off. As a fighter that has to be more rewarding than anything.
                Agreed. Amir Khan just got knocked the **** out in the FOURTH round. If he's a good fighter then Danny Garcia is a legend. Bad analogy but the truth is, when good and top fighters are discussed, he doesn't deserve mention. Heck if Marco Antonio Barrera was able to continue I still believe he would've ended this hype job ages ago. Oh wait, Presscott already did that. Jesus...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Agreed. Amir Khan just got knocked the **** out in the FOURTH round. If he's a good fighter then Danny Garcia is a legend. Bad analogy but the truth is, when good and top fighters are discussed, he doesn't deserve mention. Heck if Marco Antonio Barrera was able to continue I still believe he would've ended this hype job ages ago. Oh wait, Presscott already did that. Jesus...
                  lol There is nothing more to be said...

Comment

He was a 6-1 favorite to win the fight, that says a lot. He is one of the most hyped up guys right now, HBO could say enough great things about him last night....then in a split second, they were talking about how smart Garcia was.....they had already forgotten about Khan just like DLH had when he was all smiles and shaking Garcia hand after the win.

The hype changes like the tides of the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post

Hatton wasn't a hype job, he just lost to the best. He gave May a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X