Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did prime mike tyson have the feet to be fleetfooted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If by fleet footed one means, he was quick on his feet, I think he was. Nobody got away from a prime Mike. He caught up with everybody.

If a prime Mike were slow, he would not have been able chase many dancing masters to plant his feet, get good leverage, and slam home all those KO punches.
    Last edited by grayfist; 12-19-2004, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Um,

Who cares???

Are you guys looking back and wishing Tyson pranced around like a fairy?

Tyson went for the knockout every second of every round of his fights. He didn't try to be cute and win rounds, he tried to break down his opponents and knock them out.

Ali and Holyfeild won a lot of their fights through attrition because of their footwork, and defense. Tyson won hbecause he hit so hard that guys didn't want to get up.

Comment

If you look at the fact that tyson did have fast feet and was able to jump from side to side real quickly its very possible that tyson could of posessed the feet to move around the ring like ali .

Comment

Originally posted by catskills23
          Why do you doubt that tyson could get up on his toes and dance around the ring like ali, tyrell biggs and larry holmes could do it why not tyson ?
          I'm sorry catskill23 but didn't MarvDave answer the question. We do you insist on having Tyson fight a style that didn't suit his body type and strategy?

Comment

I am not insisting he should of used a stick and move straregy, I just want to know did tyson have the ability to get up on his toes and danced like ali, whether he had that kind of foot movememt .

Comment

I am not insisting he should of used a stick and move straregy, I just want to know did tyson have the ability to get up on his toes and danced like ali, whether he had that kind of foot movememt .
              Nobody could dance and move more effectively than Muhammad Ali. Catskills, when you get 100 posts to your name check out the Ali-Quarry boxing download and you will see "the greatest" dance like he was at the senior prom.

Comment

Okay I know tyson couldnt of danced like ali , but could tyson of danced like tyrell biggs or larry holmes ? .

Comment

Okay I know tyson couldnt of danced like ali , but could tyson of danced like tyrell biggs or larry holmes ? .
                  Pleeeeze Catskills, your beating a dead horse. What do you want to hear that Tyson could dance like Biggs or Holmes? Okay, Tyson could dance like Larry Holmes,Tyrell Biggs, Usher, Nelly, MC Hammer. Now are you happy?

Comment

This thread is whack, does Roy Jones Jr. have exceptional athletic ability, duh... C'mon man Tyson had all the physical tools one could possibly ask for. Now if Tyson would've developed a jab then I think he could've been a pretty damn good boxer/puncher as well. But Tyson and that bob and weave style was like Peanut butter and jelly, it was simply a thing of beauty w/ a whole lot of ferocity!

Comment

I've always wondered what Tyson would've been like if he ended up being a football player, would've probably been in the mold of a Jamal Lewis, definitely an east - west type of runner.

Comment

Working...
                      X