Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone ought to just drop a bomb on NSB, shouldn't they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    I'm just about spent now. I'll go in there later and have another rant.

But here's a slice of tardness: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572503

"Mares is top 5 P4P". You go in that thread, and, who knows, maybe it's an update on the Ring P4P rankings? But no. It's just some tard, saying just that. And no real elaboration.

See, this whole "P4P" concept gives me the ****s. It's just a HYPOTHETICAL CONCEPT, made up by boxing journalists, for FUN. Yet some ****ing arseholes out there take it so seriously that they even put it above the rankings. I swear to God, I've seen people in NSB say that a bout shouldn't take place because someone hasn't earned it in "P4P rankings". I've often gone in there, and, during Maiiii and Ping Ping bouts, asked if the P4P belt is on the line during the match. And 90% of people will answer it seriously.
    Even Ricky 'Atton has started to believe in this mythical belt and title! The whole thing with the content of these silly P4P threads is that most of the tosser's that partake in the discussion dont seem to have any idea what it is or its concept.

Comment

I once poop'd in a river..

Comment

:| tenletters

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Those days are long gone, bro. Have been ever since De La Hoya vs. Mayweather, truthfully.

Nowadays 'fans' around here are cheerleaders. They only root for and give respect to fighters whom they identify with personally or like based on personality. There's no objectivity whatsoever - A guy is either a future ATG in the making, or an untalented piss pot who will be "exposed" soon.

Because anytime you have one loss it basically means you ****ing suck and should retire in shame, y'know?
          not gonna lie, I wasn't the most objective fan when I started on here. since then, I've trained on and off and have became of legal gambling age. it's a lot different when you realize that a) because it looks easy, doesn't mean it is.. and some of the things professional boxers do in the ring are simply amazing. and b) because you like a boxer doesn't mean they're gonna win you money.. so you have to really sit down and think about how you are going to put your hard earned money on.

I still say some absurd **** from time to time to get a rise out of people but even though I may not like a fighter or his personality, I still respect the skill set and the hard work and determination they've put in to get to where they are at.

Comment

I've been pretty active in NSB for the past two days and not an ounce of green. Ingrates.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Even Ricky 'Atton has started to believe in this mythical belt and title! The whole thing with the content of these silly P4P threads is that most of the tosser's that partake in the discussion dont seem to have any idea what it is or its concept.
              I once talked about who hit the harder "in real terms". I made a poll, and deliberately chose someone who hit hard for his size (Tito) and someone who, certainly at that stage, was known as being, at best, a moderate puncher for their weight (Slapsie).

The poll had Tito, despite the fact that they both fought Roy back-to-back, with the small Tito's punches bouncing off LHW Roy Jones with no issues, but Slapsie's, while in no danger of KOing him, being felt to an extent. Someone even accused me of making up the term "real terms", despite "P4P" being the made up one.

Comment

I once talked about who hit the harder "in real terms". I made a poll, and deliberately chose someone who hit hard for his size (Tito) and someone who, certainly at that stage, was known as being, at best, a moderate puncher for their weight (Slapsie).

The poll had Tito, despite the fact that they both fought Roy back-to-back, with the small Tito's punches bouncing off LHW Roy Jones with no issues, but Slapsie's, while in no danger of KOing him, being felt to an extent. Someone even accused me of making up the term "real terms", despite "P4P" being the made up one.
                Yeah I remember RJJ saying those calzie peter patters hurt him or something to that effect.

Comment

I want to know what this p4p championship belt is, and when is Wladimir Klitschko going to get his shot at the champ?

Comment

Even my boy Verse is at it now, with his seminal thread "Mayweather would destroy Robert Guerrero":

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=574387

You log into the thread for an incisive break down of such a match up, and all you get is "no doubt about it."

I mean, come on, Verse, that's like me making a thread called "I'm going to burn off Miley Cyrus's clitoris" and just having "for sure" as the post in it. People will be sat there wondering if I'm gonna use a welding iron, a candle, cigarette butts or maybe even a magnifying glass and strong sunlight. You gotta make a thread a discussion thread, man.

Comment

This new heightened triangular logic of NSB is getting ludicrous. I mean, I never even saw Maiiii in the ring on Saturday night, did you?

Now, don't get me wrong, I'd back Maiiii to beat Ping Ping and I'd back Ward to beat Bute. But how they both get a "W" in the minds of NSB fanboys because they beat opponents who beat them is... ludicrous.

The Froch-Ward-Bute one is the worst. At least Maiiiii/Marquez are both counterpunchers. But Bute was taken out with power punching. Now, I like Ward and I think he's skilled, but...

Comment

Working...
                      X