Nonito Donaire MMA...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonito Donaire MMA...

How many people think he would make it big in MMA
    I saw a couple of vids of him training with Munos and he lookes pretty promising. Wouldn't mind him doing MMA

Originally posted by DeadlyOverhand View Post
    How many people think he would make it big in MMA
    I saw a couple of vids of him training with Munos and he lookes pretty promising. Wouldn't mind him doing MMA
    It ain't going to happen. I was looking at his contract with Golden Boy and hes guaranteed over a million in his first fight back and $1.25 million in his second fight no wonder he is getting out of Top Rank that is stupid money.

Comment

Donaire's a pound-for-pound fighter in boxing. I have a feeling he's going to stick with what's working for him, i.e. boxing.

Comment

The smallest division in MMA is 125 and that division is just not that popular. Donaire currently fights at 118.

I don't see Donaire jumping to MMA at all. Not just the lack of a proper weight class to fight in, but he's just too talented of a boxer and is currently highly recognized in the sport. To take a high risk, very low reward in MMA would just be ******ed.

Donaire just made $350k for the Montiel fight and will more than likely make seven figures in his next fight. He's only a Bantamweight and he makes a lot more than most MMA main-eventers.

Comment

His structure won't hold up in MMA. He's a true boxer.

Plus the money. No way it ever happens

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
            His structure won't hold up in MMA. He's a true boxer.
            That's bull****, man. There's no such thing. body structure is not the determining factor as to who can make in what sport, if that's the case, then I can say the same thing about Silva, Penn, Jon Bones Jones, Florian, etc..

With your statement, it's as if you're saying it's only fighters who are built like Hughes, Sherk, Lesnar who are made for MMA, lol.
            Last edited by Monte Fisto; 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I didn't say he'll try it anytime now I ment probebly in a couple of years. It would be stupid to do it now.

Comment

The answer to all 'how would world champion boxer do in MMA?' threads is the same.

Unless they already have a grappling background (which very few do) then they'd have to spend a hell of a lot of time working on their wrestling and submissions.

I was reading just now about how Dan Hardy spends hours each week on his wrestling. In 2 of his last 3 fights he was taken down at will and couldn't do anything. That shows you just how much work has to be put in and how even that sometimes isn't enough. Donaire is a much better striker than Hardy, but that doesn't mean much if you're unable to keep the fight where you want it.

I just googled for vids of him training with Munoz and all I found were them working on boxing and muay thai.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                  The smallest division in MMA is 125 and that division is just not that popular.
                  It can't be popular because there's almost nobody there.

Comment

in MMA there's 115lb and 125lb, 125 is not popular at all and 115 is unheard of the the U.S. Donaire would be better off sticking to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X