No announcement yet.

Fine dining is an absolute waste of money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost_Rider View Post
    I will however admit that caviar is ****ing spectacular. Especially beluga, there's nothing that tastes quite like it, especially on blini or mixed with lemon and smoked salmon.

Beluga caviar is exquisite.
    I think you need to remember that money is relative. $7 to one, is no different than $500 to another person. You're grading the food based on it's worth to people who see the $7, but they aren't the ones eating it. I think you're also being a little too dismissive of the costs involved in something like foie gras, it isn't expensive just for the fun of it, those ducks eat like kings.

I saw you mentioned beluga caviar, I personally thought this just tasted like fish and much preferred something like sea urchin that's actually really creamy and doesn't taste like the harbor, albeit a nutty harbor

Having said that, the most delicious food i've ever tasted in my life was grade 5 wagyu in tokyo and i can't even begin to put a price on how incredible the taste and whole experience was. It's like I was eating salty, meaty butter that just dissolved on the tongue. My meal was maybe $150, all I could eat for an hour and it was so good, I went back the very next night! I would choose this over the 1k sit down meals of a life time on offer in celebrity restaurants etc any day. However that doesn't mean those kinds of meals are a waste of money, it's just not what you and I want to spend our hard earned cash on!
    Last edited by Articulateboxin; 02-23-2020, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Its the very same with wines, I worked in government controlled alcohol business for almost a decade.

Tried all kinds of wines from different price range and have had cheap 15 dollar 1.5 Liters that were better than 40 dollar 750mls.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        Exactly. I recommend taking your dates to buffets.
        Buffets dont have candle lights bruhs. Unromantic.

Comment

Depends what you value. I make a night out of it, my best friend and I dropped into the most expensive steakhouse in our city and ordered A5 Wagyu, and the waiter brought out 5 different steak knives from 5 different countries for us to choose to cut our meat with. Afterwards we stopped at a cigar bar and smoked a pair of cigars and then finally proceeded to the venue of a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Depends what you value. I make a night out of it, my best friend and I dropped into the most expensive steakhouse in our city and ordered A5 Wagyu, and the waiter brought out 5 different steak knives from 5 different countries for us to choose to cut our meat with. Afterwards we stopped at a cigar bar and smoked a pair of cigars and then finally proceeded to the venue of a boxing match.
            Blue - That's the one who is in the closet?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Blue - That's the one who is in the closet?
              No this buddy is a coonhound, has a kid and mustve ran through 100 or more girls, would put a batty boy like you to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                No this buddy is a coonhound, has a kid and mustve ran through 100 or more girls, would put a batty boy like you to shame.
                What you thought of last night's fight?

Comment

Mortons steak house.

/ thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rider View Post
                    So you put me on ignore, read my thread, and then replied with some bull****.

If you think a fois gras appetizer dish is worth 300 dollars, when really all it is is glorified liver paste, then you're even dumber than everyone already thinks you are.

Have you even tried fois gras? Veal? Fresh truffles? Beluga caviar? What do they taste like?
                    He’s a dumb fuk troll. He knows absolutely nothing about absolutely everything.

Comment

You don't necessarily go to fine dining places (ie places the require reservations) for food enjoyment. The point is more the ambiance and the experience involved with dining there. That's why those places typically have a larger experience value than McD's. That's really what you are paying for.

Comment

Working...
                      X