Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Rigondeaux - Finally Go Face To Face!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Honestly, I’m not that impressed at the size difference. It was expected. Rigo is shorter than all but two men he’s faced as a pro. Everyone else has been taller, taller than Lomachenko. Granted, no one, not even Donaire, was as good as Vasyl, but let’s not get carried away with the perceived difference in size. If Guillermo is well-trained —and he appears to be — and he hasn’t lost too much due to age and inactivity, this fight is up for grabs.
    Difference is that guys like Donaire and the Japanese guy, whos name is escaping me, were taller but proper skinny.

Lomachenko is a well built guy for the weight. You can see in his neck and the size of his head, his hands. He is just an all round bigger guy.

Comment

LOL - Shakur pointing to, and laughing at, Michael Conlan's ridiculous suit!

Comment

A real uphill battle for Rigo but I'm rooting for the man, hopefully he gets the upset win. Even though he got disadvantages in age, size and activity level, I think he has the right attitude going into the fight, I liked what I've seen from him in the media workout and the interviews, he looked confident and ready, Loma on the other hand looked a bit spent, I don't know if he's struggling with the weight or if he got sick or if he's worried and not sleeping well, or maybe he's just playing possum, but I didn't like what I've seen from him that much.

I still expect Lomachenko to win though, the style that beat Lomachenko has nothing to do with Rigo's style, we'e seen Rigo lose focus in some of his fights and get caught and dropped multiple times at 122, a couple of knockdowns like this against a sharp shooter like Lomachenko can easily cost him a decision, a decision he'd probably never get unless he knocks down Lomachenko multiple times which we never saw happen at 126 and 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Difference is that guys like Donaire and the Japanese guy, whos name is escaping me, were taller but proper skinny.

Lomachenko is a well built guy for the weight. You can see in his neck and the size of his head, his hands. He is just an all round bigger guy.
          There’s no doubt, but Rigo got a little fuller himself. I’m wondering what they’re going to weigh in at. Size is definitely a factor in this match-up, but in the end, I think it’ll come down to whether Rigo’s lost too much due to age and inactivity.

Amagasa is 5’10.5”. Marroquin is 5’9”, Flores 5’9”, Cordoba 5’8”, etc. Donaire is actually only listed at 5’5”. One of the great equalizers Rigo possesses is that literally cracking punching power. Roy Jones made a big point of how Guillermo breaks bones. It’s true. How often do you see a guy, especially a little guy, mash people’s faces like Rigo does? That could be a factor during the fight. Lomo puffs easily.

Comment

Loma is just too big he'll be even bigger on fight night.

Comment

Comment

Loma is too big? 5'6 vs 5'4 LOOOOL don't be surprised when rigo punishes Loma till the ref comes in to stop it

Comment

Originally posted by lowblows420 View Post
                  Loma is too big? 5'6 vs 5'4 LOOOOL don't be surprised when rigo punishes Loma till the ref comes in to stop it
                  I doubt that's accurate. No way Loma is only 2" taller.

Comment

The three best fighters in the world right now.

Comment

I still got Rigo on this one. I see Rigo counter punching and moving. I think Lomas style favors Rigo. And Lomas been hit more lately. And Rigo being the sharpshooter that he is.... I think it might look very similar to the Donaire fight with Rigo winning a decision unless the age and inactivity catches up with him fight night. The only question mark for me about him is the weight. If he can handle that, he wins on Saturday by decision... unless uncle Bob fixes another fight for us, of course:-))

Comment

Working...
                      X