Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to our old retired canuck pal, Simbros, HBO PPV figures usually include both US and Canadians buys in a single number.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      great. Except im not "reporting" ppv buys 72 hours after the event, so my credibility isnt at issue here.
      Okay, so what exactly is your source to dispute the numbers?

Comment

• We should all feel bad that this fight did so poorly.

Even with Roman G vs Viloria on the card it did this? That's a sorry state for boxing. I don't think even Ward vs Golovkin would even break 300,000 at this current rate.

Either way, I'm surprised at the live gate being so successful compared to the PPV buys. Maybe the fact that Cotto vs Canelo is in November, and the fact that we just had Mayweather vs Berto is really hurting the regular fan that would buy fights like this?
        Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 10-20-2015, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• It's probably not a financial flop given the purses but it certainly is a bit of a let down given the expectations and GGG's hype. He will definitely need an opponent that appears more likely to have a chance at winning if he really wants to push PPVs.

50/50 with Ward all of a sudden sounds like a good deal after Canelo/Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Okay, so what exactly is your source to dispute the numbers?
            History. The numbers are NEVER accurate this early. If you dont believe it, then find ONE past ppv where accurate buy rates were released on the Tuesday after the event.

Again, its not like I get a piece of it, so it wont keep me up at night either way. I simply thought Barcham bailed too early, by assuming he lost his bet when only ONE fringe website is reporting numbers.......

If on Thursday or Friday the numbers start coming out the same from other sources, then I owe FightHype an apology. Although I sincerely doubt they care what I think :-)

Comment

• with this doing only 150k,makes me wonder what ward vs kovalve does at 175 next year?? the quiality of that fight is amazing,but kovalve aint no ggg and we dont know what wards ppv pull really is

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                We should all feel bad that this fight did so poorly.

Even with Roman G vs Viloria on the card it did this? That's a sorry state for boxing. I don't think even Ward vs Golovkin would even break 300,000 at this current rate.

Either way, I'm surprised at the live gate being so successful compared to the PPV buys. Maybe the fact that Cotto vs Canelo is in November, and the fact that we just had Mayweather vs Berto is really hurting the regular fan that would buy fights like this?
                Why should we feel bad. This fight should have never been a ppv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  I am so tired of reading their crap that I won't bother with the ignore list anymore, I'm just going to leave the board completely. It is really not worth the aggravation. This is one of the poorest moderated boards of any kind that I have ever been a member of. No other board allows people to do nothing but troll those who try to contribute useful information, while adding nothing of value to the board themselves. All other boards I have belonged to would simply ban trolls like that outright.

Here, the trolls seem to be the norm rather than the exception. So honestly, **** IT. Let the inmates run the asylum. Let the board sink to the bottom of the swamp if that's what the mods want it to be.

Comment

• I Think 150K is around a pass mark, no more, no less. Folks have become so used to the likes of Floyd's and to a lesser extent Manny's numbers that 150K sounds bad. Compared to the rest it is not too bad, although I suspect HBO and GGG's team were hoping for around the 200K mark, that to me would have been a success.

The other reality is so many PPV's have flooded the market many casual fans have become a little jaded.

I personally would prefer PPV's to be phased out and more big fights and free TV and boxing moving back to the mainstream where fighter's make the bulk of their revenue through endorsement deals. Not gonna happen though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      Why should we feel bad. This fight should have never been a ppv.
                      Totally disagree. Fights like this are EXACTLY what ppv is for. When the network doesnt have the budget space, or the desire to put on a certain fight, put it on ppv and let the people who want to buy it have that option. And those who dont, can pass.

Its the free market at work

Comment

Working...
                      X