Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kellerman Explains Why Ruiz Pulled Off Shocker Over Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honest and accurate analysis. Kellerman accurately explains mechanics but Sosay accurately explains why Joshua got into the exchange in the first place and how he SHOULD have handled it. Great post.

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
    Right over hour head huh. He didnt overanalyze anything. Why did Joshua go in for the kill without analyzing of his opponent was actually hurt? Guys like Crawford would go for the kill, but in a calculated manner.

He wanted to match Wilder but should of jabbed and put a beating on him until he falls, ala Bud.
    "He wanted to match Wilder but should of jabbed and put a beating on him until he falls, ala Bud" A truer statement could not be made. Great analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      Like kellerman has all the answers...he's been making an azz of himself on 1st take for a while now.
      I don't watch first take, too often too ego driven confrontation for my taste but to Kellerman's credit he knows boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
        let me summarize what Max is trying to say...Joshua is soft and can't deal with adversity. Poor, sheltered Joshua didn't have a ref that held his hands and made sure he kept the fight at a safe distance or allowed him to call his own timeouts.
        Thank you for saying this. The AJ/Parker fight was an embarrassment to boxing. The ref bailed out AJ a few times when he was stunned and kept Parker from fighting inside the entire fight. It got to the point when Parker hit AJ with a solid uppercut that had AJ froze in the middle rounds and Parker did attack because he knew the ref would step in and stop Parker from following up inside.

Parker knew the ref was shady. But I didnt feel sorry for him because the fix was in for him to beat Ruiz in NZ. I watched that fight and felt that Ruiz should have gotten a draw.
        It was a close fight and I dont think Ruiz was robbed but I wouldnt have been mad either way as along as the scorecards showed a close fight.

Parker and Ruiz are the best guys AJ has faced. He struggled with both fighters despite being a heavy favorite in both fights. I think AJ woulld have trouble with Ortiz, Dubois, Miller, Franklin, and even Parker outside the UK.

There are a lot of guys now who wouldnt mind facing AJ for a big check. He wont have the power of fear over his opponents until he can prove he can take out some real competition.

Fury and Dubois are the best the UK had to offer and AJ STILL hasnt fought them. AJ was clearly being protected by his handlers as a cash cow but now that he's lost he wont get the white glove treatment outside of the UK and will have to earn his props instead of having everything handed over on a silver platter.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
          I can't take Max kellerman serious anymore after he said that pacquiao was better than mayweather, even after mayweather schooled pacquiao
          Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
          Yeah, he let his emotions and feelings get the best of him on that one.
          Look, there's an argument to be made that Pacquiao is P4P greater than Mayweather, even if he wasn't better the night they fought in their late 30s.

Pacquaio started at 108 and was a monster up to 140, and is still elite at 147 and 154.

That's never been done by any human being in history.

Mayweather's claim is staked on being undefeated while controlling when and who he fought for much of his career.

Pacquiao's claim is staked on taking a much harder road than Floyd and remaining elite into his late 30s while taking on all comers

Originally posted by Mikedadon View Post
          I dont know if that is entirely true, ruiz jr had over 100 amatuer fights, I think joshua had 50 fights. I think having a deep background in the amatuers is like playing college basketball it gives you fundamentals and so much experience anf it exposes you to so many different styles, so when you get to that professional level you are already kinda of ahead of the game.

But thats not always the case luis ortiz had over 300 amatuer fights and he still got knocked out by wilder. Its all about who shows up that night.
          Luis Ortiz is a gazillion years old and Deontay Wilder his a historically great athlete with historically great power at heavyweight.

Comment

Didnt read. Not interested in Kellerman's opinion. He has no boxing experience. Hes a talking head.

Comment

maybe, but right now I don't care, watching the man who fell to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                Look, there's an argument to be made that Pacquiao is P4P greater than Mayweather, even if he wasn't better the night they fought in their late 30s.

Pacquaio started at 108 and was a monster up to 140, and is still elite at 147 and 154.

That's never been done by any human being in history.

Mayweather's claim is staked on being undefeated while controlling when and who he fought for much of his career.

Pacquiao's claim is staked on taking a much harder road than Floyd and remaining elite into his late 30s while taking on all comers.
                Great points!

The Pac and May fight was over marinated and turned out to be a stinker. Eight divisions with one being a catch weight I believe. Who has Pac fought though, that would have gave May any issues? I know many say Margachito.

Don't get me wrong, I never ever, ever said that Pac wasn't a monster. He's was an offensive monster that fought a defensive beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                  Great points!

The Pac and May fight was over marinated and turned out to be a stinker. Eight divisions with one being a catch weight I believe. Who has Pac fought though, that would have gave May any issues? I know many say Margachito.

Don't get me wrong, I never ever, ever said that Pac wasn't a monster. He's was an offensive monster that fought a defensive beast.
                  He was an aged, worn and injured fighter by the time they met. Take nothing away from Mayweather in terms of his whole career but the PAC fight was not a highlight. It was practical fraudulent to let Manny go through all the pressers and build up without mentioning he had a shoulder injury that required surgery and nullified his most effective weapon. Like I’ve said before, Mayweather team would also have known about the injury, it was a bank raid and the boxing punters once again were screwed over.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gans Louis View Post
                    Thank you for saying this. The AJ/Parker fight was an embarrassment to boxing. The ref bailed out AJ a few times when he was stunned and kept Parker from fighting inside the entire fight. It got to the point when Parker hit AJ with a solid uppercut that had AJ froze in the middle rounds and Parker did attack because he knew the ref would step in and stop Parker from following up inside.

Parker knew the ref was shady. But I didnt feel sorry for him because the fix was in for him to beat Ruiz in NZ. I watched that fight and felt that Ruiz should have gotten a draw.
                    It was a close fight and I dont think Ruiz was robbed but I wouldnt have been mad either way as along as the scorecards showed a close fight.

Parker and Ruiz are the best guys AJ has faced. He struggled with both fighters despite being a heavy favorite in both fights. I think AJ woulld have trouble with Ortiz, Dubois, Miller, Franklin, and even Parker outside the UK.

There are a lot of guys now who wouldnt mind facing AJ for a big check. He wont have the power of fear over his opponents until he can prove he can take out some real competition.

Fury and Dubois are the best the UK had to offer and AJ STILL hasnt fought them. AJ was clearly being protected by his handlers as a cash cow but now that he's lost he wont get the white glove treatment outside of the UK and will have to earn his props instead of having everything handed over on a silver platter.
                    Parker went 12 rounds with Ruiz and won and hardly won a single round against AJ. AJ fought an entirely different strategy against Parker, he boxed him. There was very little controversy in that fight, the ref blah blah, the ref did not at any point step in and save AJ when he was hurt, that’s ridiculous and you’d need to name the round and time that actually happened more than 3+ times to justify the statement the ref was knowingly protecting AJ. Truth is, it wasn’t a close fight, no one was calling for a rematch, least of all boxing fans.

Dubois is utterly slow and his career very early. Fury’s record prior to fighting Wilder had only one stand out name on it, all of sudden he’s the second coming of Christ. I do agree Fury is probably the best of the lot btw, but he still has a lot to prove, none of the Top 5 or 6 are convincingly the best based on records alone at this stage.

Comment

I like Kellerman, he gives a grounded and unbiased opinion on fights and has passion for the sport of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X