Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Asian foods are you into?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent 2 years in Korea, visited Japan & the PI's, lived with my Filipina auntie for a while, took a Japanese cooking course, and I live within walking distance to Chinatown. You name it, I've tried it.

Favs:
    Hunan spicy string beans & beef
    Any Korean BBQ
    Viet BBQ too
    Sushi/Sahimi, (but after taking those classes I just go the the Japanese mkt and slice my own.)

Comment

Spent a year in Okinawa and I love street made Yakasoba along with a pint of Orion beer.

Been to the PI ten times. Love Lechon Kawali, pork and chicken Adobo, lumpia Shanghai, pancit and Kare-Kare. Washing it down it San Miguel and Red Horse.

Comment

I love Filipino food. Palabok, Pancit, Bihon, Kare kare, Letson Kawali, Lumpia and all their desserts that incorporate pandan and ube.

Chinese food is awesome but not in Michigan. Siomai and chinese style fried chicken are legit.

Not too knowledgeable on Japanese food but tonkatsu and properly prepared ramen is amazing.

State side asian food is horrid compared to the real thing tho.

Comment

filipino food. i can eat that eeryday

Comment

I love Chinese, Filipino, and Korean food. I like Vietnamese food too, pho is the best.

Japanese is good, but overrated. Not really into sushi, I love sake though.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              I love Chinese, Filipino, and Korean food. I like Vietnamese food too, pho is the best.

Japanese is good, but overrated. Not really into sushi, I love sake though.
              once you have legit ramen with chashu, youll never go back to that peasant pho thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                once you have legit ramen with chashu, youll never go back to that peasant pho thing.
                I live near Little Saigon in The OC. There is a place called PHO 54. I take an elderly uncle out too eat once week. About 75 % of the time he wants PHO 54. He always eats PHO and Spring Rolls. It is good but after about 3-4 hours, I'm hungry again.

So when I take uncle to eat Vietnamese food, I always order an order of Fried Pork Chops to go!

Comment

Kimchi / sushi

Comment

Sushi and your standard Chinese food with fried rice works great for me.

Comment

Kelly Hu circa 2000s.

Comment

Working...
                      X