In a 12 round Welterweight fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
    Is Tommy Hearns the be all, end all?
    Damn right. Those who he doesn't knock out, he could keep on the end of his jab and outbox them. I'm sure there are fights he would and could lose, but overall, in a twelve round WW tourney of all the greats of 147, I think he could very well come out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
      Ummmmm, didn't Sugar Ray Leonard prove superiority in the ring?

I could've sworn Leonard broke Tommy down in an epic fight while they were both in their respective primes.

Seeing as how SRR had an iron chin to match his skills, talent, and determination (didn't hurt that he was 5'11), I would pick him over The Hitman too.

Considering the 100+ year history of boxing and the millions that have fought at 147, it's not bad that there are less than a handful of fighters that would be a good choice or the favorite against TH.
      Yes, but he said a twelve round fight. Hearns still had enough left to get through twelve rounds without wilting whether LEonard came on stronger earlier or not. It's not just up to Leonard you know. If he tries to come on stronger, earlier, while Hearns still has a lot left it might end up looking much closer to their rematch with Leonard getting hurt and dropped twice.

He couldn't do anything serious until Hearns was done in after the twelfth.

Comment

In the first bout with Leonard, Hearns gave a good account of himself. He didn't run into trouble until the 13th and 14th rounds, so yes if the bout is scheduled for twelve rounds he would be extremely formidable for anyone at welterweight. I think he had problems maintaining the weight so that would be a factor.

Comment

Hearns could be caught. If you're asking whether I think anyone would win a decision against Hearns in a 12 rounder, there might not be anyone I would favor to do that. If it gets to 12, Hearns probably won.

Comment

no one out boxes my man tommy not even sugar ray leonard

Comment

My all-time favorite. Just vicious.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                Is Tommy Hearns the be all, end all?
                sugar ray leonard whooped his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  Yes, but he said a twelve round fight. Hearns still had enough left to get through twelve rounds without wilting whether LEonard came on stronger earlier or not. It's not just up to Leonard you know. If he tries to come on stronger, earlier, while Hearns still has a lot left it might end up looking much closer to their rematch with Leonard getting hurt and dropped twice.

He couldn't do anything serious until Hearns was done in after the twelfth.
                  but...... in a 12 round fight ray who would have fought differently.

angelo's "you're blowing it son , you're blowing it" speech would have come much sooner.

imo same outcome.

Comment

Working...
                  X