Anyone see the Khan fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see the Khan fight?

Twas a fooking disgrace.

Gomez was well in that fight, and that last flurry that Khan threw, the last 5 punches missed completely. Weren't blocked, he MISSED!

And ITV still have the cheek to call it a good stoppage!

The hype job continues.

On a lighter note though, any fight that contains Khan on the floor is good by me.

Gomez was blocking too many shots with his head. His defence had gone completely and he wasn't landing any of his own.

He put up a brave fight but as expected, he ran out of gas after 4 rounds like he has done over the last few years.

I thought this was a mismatch before the fight but it turned out to be one of the best fights this year. Glad to be wrong.

I still think the stoppage was well timed tho.

Comment

Yeah I thought the stoppage came at the right time. Gomez was taking far too many shots to the head. Hats off to him though for putting up a good fight. Nice to see Khan stuck on his arse again aswell. I cant wait for them to step him up in competition, cos he aint no where near as good as he thinks he is.

Comment

Bad stoppage, but not terrible. Ref jumped in a bit too quick.

God fight tho.

Amir will get KTFO in the next 3 years.

Comment

That fight showed he isn't ready for a world class opponent yet. Gomez showed tremendous bravery going into Khan face first, but Khan looked classless against a past-prime fighter who was average at his prime.

Amir better find a good trainer quick because the potential is there, he just needs tuning in places. Especially that suspect chin.

I couldn't help but think what the likes of Katsidis and Casamayor would do to him, yet there are people who think he is ready for these sort of onslaughts.

Comment

Khans will get knocked out when he fights a decent boxer, he's been knocked down twice by average boxers, his chin is week. Warren knows this and will keep putting Khan in with these fighters.

Comment

This fight proved Kahn is still not ready for a world title.
              Got hit by a few decent shots and 1 sent him down and the other body shot(in the 4th i think) had him in trouble.
              You could tell by Warren's reaction after the fight he knows Kahn isnt ready.

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
                Twas a fooking disgrace.

Gomez was well in that fight, and that last flurry that Khan threw, the last 5 punches missed completely. Weren't blocked, he MISSED!

And ITV still have the cheek to call it a good stoppage!

The hype job continues.

On a lighter note though, any fight that contains Khan on the floor is good by me.
                Amir Kahn should retire along with Floyd, if he doesnt want to get exposed,

Comment

Stoppage was good. He was basically just taking shots, walking in and missing his own.

Comment

I think the stoppage was correct also. He was taking alot at times, and i would perhaps agree the last flurry didnt land much he was going back in straight lines.
                    He possibly still had a punchers chance but i dont think that chance should have been at the risk of his health.

Comment

Working...
                    X