Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODLH Tweets ''Let's see what excuse arum comes up with''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Oscar, coming out and blasting the very company your trying to cut a deal with.

This makes me wonder if GBP is even serious. What was the purpose of that tweet? Schaefer needs to delete Oscars twitter, and put duct tape over his mouth at events.

Childish promoters in boxing........

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
      YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK.

Donaire vs. Mares is not a PPV. For all the hype, Donaire generates some of the lowest ratings on WCB (except when his fight was paired with the Pac replay), and Mares is far from a household name. If Chavez vs Martinez did 475k buys, how does two little guys fighting do 400-600k???

A $3m payment for either Donaire or Mares is HUGE. Consider that the top license fees at both HBO and Showtime are in the $3m range - so the license fee would cover only HALF of the main event, with nothing toward the purses and expenses of the other fighter, the undercard and bout costs.

And that stuff about HBO paying more money than Showtime is dead. Have you been watching lately? Did you see Showtime outbid HBO for Khan and Cotto? You think all the Golden Boy fighters at Showtime are accepting less than what they used to get at HBO???

I heard Arum was offering to buy Golden Boy out for $1.5m. Arum should take the $3m offer and run.
      I agree. I've read some writers saying that showtimes BOXING budget was higher than HBO's in 2012. Fighters now can make as much money over there as to HBO.

Also to the point of Donaire-Mares being huge on PPV. On the scales of Martinez vs Chaves at 475k buys(Monster numbers btw). There is no way that Donaire vs Mares would get close to those buys unless the PPV was priced at a huge reduction, which still might not get it done!

Hard to see this fight on a PPV get over 250k buys on a $50-$55 suggested price.(Not that a 200k buy rate isn't a success in its self)

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
        Good job Oscar, coming out and blasting the very company your trying to cut a deal with.

This makes me wonder if GBP is even serious. What was the purpose of that tweet? Schaefer needs to delete Oscars twitter, and put duct tape over his mouth at events.

Childish promoters in boxing........
        he's blasting them cause anyone with a half a brain knows arum will come out with another excuse.... and besides, like Arum is any different with all the garbage he spews infront of cameras

Comment

Originally posted by Zyzz View Post
          he's blasting them cause anyone with a half a brain knows arum will come out with another excuse.... and besides, like Arum is any different with all the garbage he spews infront of cameras
          Yes I was referring to both TR & GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            He fought for the Mexican Olympic team.

Mares was born in Mexico, Donaire was born in the Philippines both grew up in America.
            thanks for the correction...

Comment

GBP starting to look like beggars. how many times does arum have to say it, there is no fucking way he works with GBP ever again after that fiasco during the pacquiao-mayweather bullshit talks

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
                  I agree. I've read some writers saying that showtimes BOXING budget was higher than HBO's in 2012. Fighters now can make as much money over there as to HBO.

)
                  id like to see a source of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    GBP starting to look like beggars. how many times does arum have to say it, there is no fucking way he works with GBP ever again after that fiasco during the pacquiao-mayweather bullshit talks
                    How is them offering Nonito a bigger pay day then his own promoter make Golden Boy look like beggers?
                    They are just calling Arum on his BS. Donaire can say whatever he wants but he knows he is getting played by Arum on this one. If he had some balls he would make Arum step up and match the Golden Boy offer for him to fight Rigo or make the Mares fight. Donaire looks like a chump right now.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      How is them offering Nonito a bigger pay day then his own promoter make Golden Boy look like beggers?
                      They are just calling Arum on his BS. Donaire can say whatever he wants but he knows he is getting played by Arum on this one. If he had some balls he would make Arum step up and match the Golden Boy offer for him to fight Rigo or make the Mares fight. Donaire looks like a chump right now.

Yeah... Gotta agree here. As much as i like the Donaire vs rigo fight (I think its better imo..has a bigger air of unpredictability for me). But the reason the fight is being held up with Mares is awful. Nonito does look like a chunp right now I hate to say. Nonito should at the very least show his displeasure with Arums decision. Sure, its probably not Nonitos fault but it reflects badly on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X