No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas Vs Miguel Cotto at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
    Why are people always assiociating Cotto with "lack of heart", "undetermined" and "quiting"?

Get hit with loaded golves/wraps and see what happends. Miguel has been down and got up and KO'd his opponents. Has been in war and returned victorious.

He took a knee, two times during the Margo fight, seeking for some air since he could not breathe through his nose and combined with the presure from Margo you do the math. Its not like he quit the fight, his corner threw the towell, not Miguel.

Now if it was like the just said "no mas" -Like Duran (not one is dragging his "quitting" on a daily basis like they do with Cotto. Is not like the quit on the stool like the "great" Julio C. Chavez Sr. or Oscar De La Hoya or Castillo, Rubio, Raul Marquez, etc. Not one is giving them hate on a daily basis.

This is ridiculous.

Miguel may not be the greatest ever, or the #1 P4P, but come on people he has giving us great wars, he comes to fight, each and every time and he is not ducking anyone.

Grow up and mature!
    green!!!!!!!

I got Cotto catching him with a left hook like Tito, Oscar, and Mosley did...Cotto's left hook is cut from the same cloth as those dudes....Cotto by KO

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Vargas because he has more heart and doesn't quit

very timely..

Comment

Vargas because he has more heart and doesn't quit

Comment

Vargas TKO Cotto. Too big, too powerful for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
            Why are people always assiociating Cotto with "lack of heart", "undetermined" and "quiting"?

Get hit with loaded golves/wraps and see what happends. Miguel has been down and got up and KO'd his opponents. Has been in war and returned victorious.

He took a knee, two times during the Margo fight, seeking for some air since he could not breathe through his nose and combined with the presure from Margo you do the math. Its not like he quit the fight, his corner threw the towell, not Miguel.

Now if it was like the just said "no mas" -Like Duran (not one is dragging his "quitting" on a daily basis like they do with Cotto. Is not like the quit on the stool like the "great" Julio C. Chavez Sr. or Oscar De La Hoya or Castillo, Rubio, Raul Marquez, etc. Not one is giving them hate on a daily basis.

This is ridiculous.

Miguel may not be the greatest ever, or the #1 P4P, but come on people he has giving us great wars, he comes to fight, each and every time and he is not ducking anyone.

Grow up and mature!
            Well said...
            I do give credit to Vargas he had heart but his mistake was fighting Tito to early in his career and if he would of fought Cotto at a early stage too I see the same results...Cotto TKO 11...

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
              Who takes this? I think Vargas has more heart and determination. Also, Vargas is the bigger man. I believe Vargas pressures Cotto to quit. Vargas had good boxing technique and vicious body shots. I can see Cotto hanging on untill the 10th round. Vargas KO! Thoughts?!
              I agree with what you said. Vargas in his prime was bigger and better with more gameness. Vargas was at his best going into the Trinidad fight and was never as good after that fight. Even after Trinidad Vargas was still better than Cotto in ny opinion. He was a full 154 lb. fighter and I think Cotto is really a welterweight.Cotto is good,Vargas is better and bigger.

Comment

Vargas absolutely wrecks Miguel Cotto at 154.

Comment

Which Vargas are we talking about, juiced or clean Vargas?

Anyhow, yeah Vargas displayed much heart thus why his career was cut short. That is facking stupidity by his corner.

That being said, at 154 its a pick'em fight.

Comment

Vargas was just the better fighter and had more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Vargas was just the better fighter and had more power.
                      That we can never know...

Since you know, a steroid cheat.

So with that, I'm going with the clean guy who has better boxing skills and good power. The only reason to pick El Feroz is because he's bigger, not because he's better.

Comment

Working...
                      X