Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will go down as the greater player Kobe Bryant or Larry Bird?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pugilistic™ View Post
    You're trolling.

Kobe may be a selfish offensive player at times and does take some tough shots but you can't question what kind of competitor he is. Kobe cares very much about winning.
    I'm not saying i pick Kobe over Bird because i personally think Bird is better.
    Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Yes you are. Saying "easily" Bird is just stupid. Especially when Kobe is much better defensively and came into the NBA straight out of high school. And Kobe has proven to be much more durable. The longevity is not even debatable.

5 NBA titles. "doesn't care about winning" That's just dumb.
    when did I say he doesn't care about winning? I said its not the main priority over taking 26 shots per game.... and thats the truth.

If someone told Kobe this year, "Lakers will win for sure if you only took 10-15 shots per game". He wouldn't do it. Larry Bird would and he has.

And the fact that Bird has been a dominant scorer even though he doesn't always care about taking the most shots, is all the more impressive.

And before you compare Kobe to Jordan........... Jordan took a lot of shots cuz it actually did help his team win cuz he was a more efficient scorer. Kobe a lot of the times isn't very efficient and sometimes misses 8-9 shots in a row and still takes 20 more shots, sinking his team further. It hasn't been any more apparent then this year when Kobe was very defendable and still took loads of bad shots every single game.
    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-05-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X