No announcement yet.

Why do people like Roberto Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people like Roberto Duran

I honestly thought he sucked....just look at his fight with Hearns.He was too slow and why does everyone think he was good?

Man your **** is endless.

Comment

No dude im actually being serious with this one...I mean he lost to the main guys he fought.I know he was a beast at lightweight but seriously he got destroyed by Hearns and even lost to Ray Leonard by embarrasment.

Comment

I really don't have much opinion on him.He was from what I have seen of him a relentless beast and you are right did come up short against his top opponents.......Vargas like.

Comment

Exactly!! thats my whole point,i realize hes considered the greatest Lightweight ever even though i would take Pernell Whitaker everyday of the week.I also believe he lost to Hagler as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Winky
            I honestly thought he sucked....just look at his fight with Hearns.He was too slow and why does everyone think he was good?
            Dude, have you EVER seen any of his lightweight fights or the first Leonard fight....or even the Barkley fight?

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
              first Leonard fight
              Leonard was even more impressive actually in that fight. He used a different style and went toe to toe with a harder hitter and almost won! But yes Duran is very good.

Comment

Roberto Durán is a famous boxer from Panama, and is generally regarded as not only one of the greatest pound-for-pound fighters of all time, but arguably the most pure fighting animal to ever step into the ring. He held world titles at four different weights - lightweight (1972-79), welterweight (1980), junior middleweight (1983-84) and middleweight (1989). He was also the only boxer to have fought in five different decades. He finally retired in January 2002 at age 52 (having previously retired in 1998) following a bad car crash in October 2001, with a professional record of 120 fights, 104 wins with 69 KOs. He was nicknamed Manos de Piedra (Hands of Stone) when at age 14 he allegedly knocked out a horse with one punch.

Comment

here is a question why do you like Winky????

Comment

Originally posted by Chum12788
                    Leonard was even more impressive actually in that fight. He used a different style and went toe to toe with a harder hitter and almost won! But yes Duran is very good.
                    Well, that depends on how you look at it. I don't think Leonard wanted to fight Duran in that style....I think Duran made him fight in that style. Leonard himself has said he got sucked into the macho-thing with Duran and fought his fight.

I do agree he did very well though; but still think Duran was better in that fight and deserved the win.

Comment

Working...
                    X