Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Povtekin Dispute is Resolved By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
    ha ha! NO.

The last time he fought in Russia, he fought in a goddamn GYM, and could barely even fill it up to half capacity. Which is the reason he's permanently relocated to Germany.
    Dude, I was thinking the same thing! Haha. Guy is a fool and completely clueless.

On another note though - It's hard to see who Wlad should fight other than Povetkin. Fury & Price aren't available. Solis is a fat bum who was KO'd in one round vs Vitali. Is Pulev available? He practically beat everyone else, so maybe they pull out Sam Peter for a third shot!
    Last edited by LacedUp; 01-31-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      This is sickening news for boxing fans. Wladimir gets an extension to avoid fighting his mandatory so he can fight an opponent Vitali KO'd in just 1 round.
      To be fair, Solis wasn't knocked out directly as a result of the punch. He was staggered by the left hand, and the unsteadiness on his feet caused his knee to blow out. I suppose you could argue that since A caused B and B caused C, A (the punch) caused C (the knee injury), so Vitali earned the victory. I won't argue with that. Nevertheless, most fighters don't blow their knees out while being staggered, so there was an element of bad luck for Solis.

Solis is good choice. He is an extremely talented boxer. People are asking for Wladimir to fight Pulev, yet Solis beat Pulev twice in the amateurs. Solis also has amateur victories over David Haye, Sultan Ibragimov, Yoan Hernandez (current cruiserweight champ), Felix Savon, and Vvacheslav Glazkov. I personally think Solis will put up just as good a fight as Povetkin if not better.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
        To be fair, Solis wasn't knocked out directly as a result of the punch. He was staggered by the left hand, and the unsteadiness on his feet caused his knee to blow out. I suppose you could argue that since A caused B and B caused C, A (the punch) caused C (the knee injury), so Vitali earned the victory. I won't argue with that. Nevertheless, most fighters don't blow their knees out while being staggered, so there was an element of bad luck for Solis.

Solis is good choice. He is an extremely talented boxer. People are asking for Wladimir to fight Pulev, yet Solis beat Pulev twice in the amateurs. Solis also has amateur victories over David Haye, Sultan Ibragimov, Yoan Hernandez (current cruiserweight champ), Felix Savon, and Vvacheslav Glazkov. I personally think Solis will put up just as good a fight as Povetkin if not better.
        You know as well as anyone, that even though it's true that the punch may have caused the imbalance that affected the knee - that only happens when your knee or joints are not used to the pressure that's being forced upon it. Basically, if he had come in shape like a true challenger should be in, that would never had happened. With regards to the Amateur pedigree he has, yes he was a great amateur - you know the pro game is completely different and to pull up his amateur record is pretty useless to be honest. He used be 200 pounds in the amateurs - but weighed around 250 against Vitali and even more in his last fight! He's completely unfit and shouldn't be anywhere near someone like Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post

WBA - unranked in top 15
          WBC - unranked in top 15
          IBF - unranked in top 15
          WBO - unranked in top 15
          IBO #7
          Ring: Unranked in top 10

This is the pinnacle of the sport, the heavyweight champion, a pfp list fighter...and this is who he's avoiding a mandatory to fight in his own backyard.

Sorry, but I don't find that to be a good choice.

Comment

This is sickening news for boxing fans. Wladimir gets an extension to avoid fighting his mandatory so he can fight an opponent Vitali KO'd in just 1 round.
            It's only sickening if you're a little uptight brit

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Dude, I was thinking the same thing! Haha. Guy is a fool and completely clueless.

On another note though - It's hard to see who Wlad should fight other than Povetkin. Fury & Price aren't available. Solis is a fat bum who was KO'd in one round vs Vitali. Is Pulev available? He practically beat everyone else, so maybe they pull out Sam Peter for a third shot!
              How about Wlad-Haye II. I heard Haye wants to get knocked out once and for all, with another big pay day to top it

Comment

WBA - unranked in top 15
                WBC - unranked in top 15
                IBF - unranked in top 15
                WBO - unranked in top 15
                IBO #7

This is the pinnacle of the sport, the heavyweight champion, a pfp list fighter...and this is who he's avoiding a mandatory to fight in his own backyard.

Yeah, but look at some of the guys these organisations have in their top 15 HWs - Jovo Pudar, Franklin Lawrence, Joe Hanks, Michael Sprott, Fres Oquendo, Tony Grano, and Alex Leapai. I don't think we should take the rankings of the governing bodies too seriously. Perhaps Ring's ratings are better. I haven't seen them.

Solis would beat 95% of the fighters those orgs rank as top 15, including Povetkin.
                Last edited by White_Knight; 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Solis utterly destroyed Ibragimov and Haye who of course are two of Wlad's top 10 wins so this is a good fight if it happens. Let's be honest here gentlemen for a minute. Solis is one of about 2 or 3 fighters that can genuinely take the fight to Wlad and beat and not just be relying on a one punch hail Mary shot to win the fight.

Comment

WBA - unranked in top 15
                    WBC - unranked in top 15
                    IBF - unranked in top 15
                    WBO - unranked in top 15
                    IBO #7

But lets look at some of the clowns who are ranked within those bodies.

Tony Grano
                    Kvotaro Fujimoto
                    Franklin Lawrence
                    Jovo Pudar
                    Richard Towers
                    Travis Kaufman
                    Sprott
                    Gerber
                    Takem
                    Christian Hammer

Are you really saying those guys have more pedigree than an AM legend like Solis? The fact is any sensilbe person has Solis down as at least a top 15 HW.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                      How about Wlad-Haye II. I heard Haye wants to get knocked out once and for all, with another big pay day to top it
                      Hey, make it happen - I would pay to see it! Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X