Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll :Who wins Garcia/Khan Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before the KO Kahn was beating up Garcia. In a rematch Kahn sticks to a game plan and boxes Garcia to a UD.

Comment

I honestly think Khan could win that fight if he adopted the right strategy. He was overly aggressive last time and to be fair he was winning the fight clearly until that one punch landed. Garcia took over from there. Khans speed, combos and jab were on point and you could tell he wanted to get him outta there early as soon as he saw the damage on Garcias face.

Khan has all of the offensive tools, he does not have huge power but enough power to keep you honest. He just has to fight smarter, not make it as flashy and just improve his defence. Garcia honestly, seems beatable to me he has solid power, can take a shot but seriously I think he can be beaten.

Also Khan could a few SOLID punches early in that fight and didn't wilt but one of the caught him at the wrong time, in a wierd spot and that was it. He could have got back into the fight after that but he started trading with him after that for some silly reason, if he had just hugged/grabbed and tied up Garcia for a bit and survived for a bit he could have come back next round and got back into it. Not saying his chin is the best but he can take a shot or two but his ring IQ is dreadful. Lets his heart takeover.
      Last edited by hayZ; 11-30-2012, 03:07 PM.

Comment

I think garcia will win the rematch, but maybe Khan can win at the Point he has superb qualities, he's very fast. and he impressed me against Zab. but I think Garcia has a better chance of winning the rematch ...

Comment

Garcia getting overrated, beating Terrible in 2012 means jack
          he won the 1st fight fair and square, but hardly dominated
          Khan can beat him on points in a rematch
          now he knows better than to stay inside too long
          Garcia wouldn't beat Khan on points, must have a KO
          Khan UD's him if they fight again

Comment

Root for Amir but bad chin + good punch = Khan out.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
              Before the KO Kahn was beating up Garcia. In a rematch Kahn sticks to a game plan and boxes Garcia to a UD.
              Not quite. Khan was winning, but "beating up"? Nah. Garcia had timed Khan a few times by the fourth round.

However, Khan did look superb in the first five rounds against Maidana. If he behaves himself and sticks to his in-and-outs and uses his hand speed to the max, he can sort himself out.

I guess Khan would win the rematch. But anyway, we'll learn about his temperament and his humility and his will to learn (with Hunter) in the first couple of rounds against Molina.

Comment

I think this whole "Khan DOMINATED the first two rounds" thing is a little overplayed. He won the rounds, but he was getting hit with clean shots and Garcia was setting him up for that left hook the whole time. I don't see a rematch being much different, apart from it possibly lasting a bit longer.

Garcia knows he can hurt Khan with one punch, which shouldn't be underestimated. Hunter may improve Khan defensively, but I'm pretty sure he's not going to change him in a few months or even years. Khan can't fight inside and he doesn't appear to have a good boxing brain. Garcia KO within 8.

Comment

If anything Garcia fight is more dangerous for Khan. Garcia knows he can knock Khan tfo, and even worse Khan knows this too.

Comment

I Would go with Khan..

Comment

Not impossible that Khan could win a rematch, he's shown against Maidana he can win against big hitters.

Comment

Working...
                      X