No announcement yet.

Balance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance

Does anyone have any drills they do to improve balance and a smooth weight transfer?

when i was a streetfighter i used to stand on a beaten opponents head to improve my balance

Comment

shadowboxing and sparring...you can improve balance other ways but it wont really apply to boxing.

I'm just making this up, but if you could shadowbox with a weighted vest on while using alot of headmovement while punching it would likely help. With the extra weight on your upperbody it would raise your center of balance and pull you around a more when you shift and force you to fight for your balance via your legs and core so when you took it off you should be able to keep your normal upperbody in control better...just a guess.

I think I'll try it tonight just to see.

Comment

i need some work here too.

Comment

Try jumping on a big traktor tire.

Comment

i used to do alot of work on an agility ladder, that helped me be lighter on my feet, which i thinks part of balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Landon S View Post
              . With the extra weight on your upperbody it would raise your center of balance and pull you around a more when you shift and force you to fight for your balance via your legs and core so when you took it off you should be able to keep your normal upperbody in control better...just a guess.
              This is exactly what I was planning on doing. I already do a lot of agility work but want to be more specific about weight transfer. I'm gonna give this ago.

Comment

Put a straight line of tape on the ground

Stand on one foot hands on hip and jump back and forth down the line

repeat with other foot ..

then put both feet together and do the same

then face the other way with 2 feet together and jumping back and forth

also u can put two tapes on the floor and make a box.. put each foot in a box make sure ur comfortable in your stance and bounce three times on your toes then jump and turn around doing a 180 land in your stance and repeat the other way make sure u stay in the boxes

Comment

i like this question. it is more in depth of a practice than people normally think.

many, many ways.

stand on one leg - how long can u do this for?

learn a stepping system.

and sink - oh yeah, this is extremely important. and structure - if u dont stand corrctly, it can lead to health problems. so, drop the shoulders, relax the chest, etc

Comment

Working...
                  X