Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worst robbery you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abosworth View Post
    I think they were talking about Meldrick Taylor, not Pernell Whitaker, Tunney. Is that who you meant?
    Yea, It must have been a typo. He said "It should have been stopped sooner", so he must be referencing Taylor. But accidently said Whitaker, another controversial JCC fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Rizo View Post
      Steele was doing his job and saved Taylor's life.

There was zero chance that Taylor would have suffered further injury if the fight continued. The fight couldn't have resumed until Chavez was in a neutral corner. That alone would have caused the remaining time to expire.

Comment

sturn vs dlh

Comment

Ramirez-Whitaker I was the worst decision I've ever seen in a title fight. I would have picked Lewis-Holyfield I except that is was a draw and not a loss.

Comment

robin reid vs sven ottke, they make every other robbery yall mentioned look like winky wright vs tito trinidad shut outs!

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
              What was the worst robbery you've ever seen?

For me it was Tiberi vs. Toney, where Toney basically did nothing but try to escape from Tiberi's relentless pressure the whole fight, yet still he won on the scorecards.

And the Santa Cruz vs. Casamayor was another bad one.
              I agree with Casamyor vs. Santa Cruz.

And Holy vs. Lewis. Good God that was terrible.

Comment

Foreman-Schultz was pretty bad too

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  There was zero chance that Taylor would have suffered further injury if the fight continued. The fight couldn't have resumed until Chavez was in a neutral corner. That alone would have caused the remaining time to expire.
                  I was kidding about the "saving his lfie part" but he was doing his job. All I'm trying to say is in hindsight, everyone coulda shoula woulda.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                    No.

Chavez was not hurt during the fight, but Whitaker was so badly beaten up that he's never been the same since. The doctor who examined him said he was invery bad shape, urinating blood for days after the fight. He may have become brain damaged that night, since his ability to speak hasn't been right ever since.

The fight perhaps should have been stopped sooner.
                    Wrong black fighter, Tunney. And Steele was protecting his best interest. Not Taylor's. The stoppage was BS. That also was not the only beating Taylor ever took. He took beatings from Espana and Terry Norris. It's wrong to speculate on what specifically caused his brain damage.It's an accumalation of the gym wars and fighting too long. Just so you know, Taylor spoke fine after that fight and won a weltweight title fight a top fighter named Aaron Davis. As usual you have to alter the facts.

Comment

Robin Reid could never have won that fight i still think they would have wormed their way out of a TKO if Reid managed to Ko him

Comment

Working...
                      X