No announcement yet.

Maybe i am just naive...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe i am just naive...

but i just don't understand how insurance works!
    you pay every month for car insurance, health insurance, etc.
    you could go decades never actually needing it, but once you do, they make you jump through hoops. in many cases they actually raise your premiums! and what is up with insurance companies deciding whether they should approve medical procedures and operations? they get to decide whether it is more profitable for them to "cure" you or to just pay for minimal treatment over the long run. it seems to me that if you pay for medical coverage for most of your life then you finally need a heart transplant or whatever, you should get it. it is medically necessary and you paid your dues!

like i said, maybe i am just too naive but i just don't get it.

STFU you stupid n00b.

Yeah, as if I would ever say that.

I believe the problem with health insurance is the companies hope you die so they won't need to pay for treatment, medication, ...
    We in Germany, though, have a better social net, if I may say so.

Comment

Originally posted by :Bobby:
      STFU you stupid n00b.

Yeah, as if I would ever say that.

I believe the problem with health insurance is the companies hope you die so they won't need to pay for treatment, medication, ...
      We in Germany, though, have a better social net, if I may say so.
      there is definitely something to be said for socialized medicine.
      i have just heard so many horrific and heart breaking stories about the big business of insurance (medical, specifically)

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
        there is definitely something to be said for socialized medicine.
        i have just heard so many horrific and heart breaking stories about the big business of insurance (medical, specifically)
        I believe you. It is sad. For them you are not a human being but a number.

Comment

I think things like auto insurance should help fix your car when it breaks down. Why do they only pay after an accident?

Comment

Originally posted by ffcracker
            I think things like auto insurance should help fix your car when it breaks down. Why do they only pay after an accident?
            auto insurance is a tricky thing. some insurances will only pay for the damage done to the other car if it is your fault and will not pay for damages to your car.

i have only been in 1 accident and it was due to a severe snow/ice storm and NOT my fault, yet my insurance was a bunch of *******s, and raised my insurance rates although for 20 years i had paid and never been in an accident or used any of my benefits.

Comment

Insurance Companies are the legalized mafia...no more, no less.

First they get lobbiest to make sure that you are required to have insurance by law in every state; and then they try to make it as difficult as possible for you to collect. They are there to make you pay and make it difficult for you to benefit from the partnership. Statistics and odds...everything is about "what are the odds of this happening and us having to pay this client for this particular occurence?"

Once something happens or you reach a certain age where the variables are no longer in their favor, they either raise your rate or drop your coverage. Why? Profit for them.

The odds are always in their favor and the chips are always stacked against you.

Comment

Regarding insurance...specially car and home insurance...if you didn't claim anything for that year they should give half of what you gave them. If I ever go into insurance business that's what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
                  Insurance Companies are the legalized mafia...no more, no less.

First they get lobbiest to make sure that you are required to have insurance by law in every state; and then they try to make it as difficult as possible for you to collect. They are there to make you pay and make it difficult for you to benefit from the partnership. Statistics and odds...everything is about "what are the odds of this happening and us having to pay this client for this particular occurence?"

Once something happens or you reach a certain age where the variables are no longer in their favor, they either raise your rate or drop your coverage. Why? Profit for them.

The odds are always in their favor and the chips are always stacked against you.
                  exactly!
                  and it makes me sick!

Comment

Originally posted by Chups
                    Regarding insurance...specially car and home insurance...if you didn't claim anything for that year they should give half of what you gave them. If I ever go into insurance business that's what I would do.
                    You do that and I'll sure as hell come on board. I'm of the Chris Rock philosophy on insurance.

They ought to call it "In Case ****"....so you can use it "in case **** happens"...if **** don't happen, you get your money back.

Comment

Working...
                    X