Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats is YOUR interpretation of Ring Generalship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    A judge should almost never score a round even~ there is enough to pick from that a judge should be able to make the call.

If you score a ton of rounds even you aren't a judge~
    Yes pick whichever promoter gave you more money for their fighter to win

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Yes pick whichever promoter gave you more money for their fighter to win
      No, there is plenty going on in the ring that a real judge should be able to pick a winner about every round they score.

It isn't that hard to pick a winner if you use all the criteria available.

Comment

A judge should almost never score a round even~ there is enough to pick from that a judge should be able to make the call.

If you score a ton of rounds even you aren't a judge~

i agree. a professional judge should never score a round even, unless there is a point deduction

i don't mind somebody like you or I scoring a live fight even, though. sometimes there's just not enough to make an educated distinction. you end up just picking with your gut. in those cases you can score a round even.

if i drop by the RBR and i score a round even, i want you beefing with me over it

Comment

it's just a fancy term that doesn't mean anything

if you know what you're looking at, then you know who's winning the fight

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Yea cuz you judge rounds on who landed the best and most effective punches
            thats not always so clear and even then if some one outlands you yet the other person landed 1 punch that seem more effective than any punch the other fighter landed does the fighter that landed the more effective punch win over the person who landed more?

Comment

Originally posted by boxfan1983 View Post
              I can see how people say whoever contols the pace of the fight BUT what about high volume pressure fighters? For instance guys like Paul Williams and Antonio Margarito would throw well over 100 punches every round but could easily lose a decision to a pot shotter. IMO if a guy is getting off over 100 punches (&not hitting air) that could be considered controling the pace, thats why the rules of judging are so outdated...
              That's why ring generalship doesn't matter nearly as much as who is landing the best punches. Criteria like ring generalship is vastly overvalued by some posters.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i like "utilizing the ring."

it can be if you're landing the more meaningful punches on your bike, or putting the mustard on him before you run away, the way khan used to get away with before he hit the world class.

aggression is only as good as the landed punches it affords you.
                I liked the wording you used here.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i agree. a professional judge should never score a round even, unless there is a point deduction

i don't mind somebody like you or I scoring a live fight even, though. sometimes there's just not enough to make an educated distinction. you end up just picking with your gut. in those cases you can score a round even.

if i drop by the RBR and i score a round even, i want you beefing with me over it
                  Well I am alright with someone throwing out 1 even round, if you are doing that every fight I kind of question that but some people have different ideas and I can accept that level of difference of opinion.

If someone scores more than 1 round even I have got on people for that, because if you are judging you need to be picking a winner and not being wishy-washy.

Comment

It is the guy who is directing the action of the fight~ similar to what an actual general would do in battle.
                    THIS^ and every other post

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      That's why ring generalship doesn't matter nearly as much as who is landing the best punches. Criteria like ring generalship is vastly overvalued by some posters.
                      I think it is undervalued not in scoring because it always come down to punches but in terms how much it means to actually winning a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X