Knockout punchers with glass jaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DaVarryl Williamson

Comment

tommy hearns wasnt chinny. thats the biggest misconception i always see. did he get ko'ed? sure. but look at the circumstances. hardly a fighter i would call chinny.

Comment

Tommy Morrison, Terry Norris, Ernie Shavers, the guy that I instantly thought of Bob Satterfield.

Comment

What about Tyson?

Comment

W. Klitschko, David Hate, Tommy Hearns, Juanma Lopez and Kendall Holt. Some people say Randall Bailey has a glass jaw but that's complete bulls**t. Urango, Cotto, Smith and Corley (the only guys to drop, stop or hurt him) are all good punchers. He's never been KO'ed by a single shot out of nowhere like guys like Wlad have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
              What about Tyson?
              Tyson would take a massive beatdown before going down.

Julian Jackson comes to mind.. p4p one of the hardest punchers in history but his chin wouldn't really hold up

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                Can anyone think of examples of guys with monster power but prone to being knocked out themselves???
                Zab Judah, Amir Khan, Wlad Klit come to mind. Although I'm not sure I would describe Khan as having "monster power."

Comment

What about Tyson?
                  Not in his prime. he took some vicious uppercuts from Tony Tucker, Razor Ruddock and so forth.

Comment

What about Tyson?

Tyson definitely does not fall into the category of having a glass chin. Mike Tyson was a warrior, who could take a hell of an ass-kicking. Although prone to being knocked out, it was usually only after a sustained attack throughout the fight, when Tyson's legs usually failed him.

Comment

Originally posted by LAkers85 View Post
                      Not in his prime. he took some vicious uppercuts from Tony Tucker, Razor Ruddock and so forth.
                      Plus Douglas did everything short of kill him in order to KO him. I've seen some strong chins, but if you see the uppercut Douglas hit him with in the last combination he threw, no one's going to take that shot and keep going. I mean not only was he battered as hell already, but he leaned into it AND it hit him on the perfect spot.

Comment

Working...
                      X