Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with Carl Moretti of Top Rank about Jose Ramirez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with Carl Moretti of Top Rank about Jose Ramirez?

I understand what he's saying. But when you say all that you can't come back a couple days later and say he's fighting Danny O'connor. You gotta come with a better opponent than that

As of right now I don’t agree but depending on what Ramirez does next. Benavidez got a title shot for not going to the WBSS

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I understand what he's saying. But when you say all that you can't come back a couple days later and say he's fighting Danny O'connor. You gotta come with a better opponent than that

Not much I can add. You hit the nail on the head. While a good chunk of the best of a division are in a tournament then the ones who stayed out should still be trying to make good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
        As of right now I don’t agree but depending on what Ramirez does next. Benavidez got a title shot for not going to the WBSS
        If I'm not mistaken that title shot was called before the tournament. The tournament was announced in March but they hadn't picked the weight classes yet. After Benavidez beat Medina in May he was in line for that title shot

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Not much I can add. You hit the nail on the head. While a good chunk of the best of a division are in a tournament then the ones who stayed out should still be trying to make good fights.
          remember when ward went into the super 6 as the biggest underdog of the lot....and won it...and bute sat out and was fighting guys like jesse brinkley and brian magee....so when ward won bute was sitting there like "gimme my shot" and ward was like "gfy...go beat someone worth a **** first im tired" lol.....

and then all the anti ward guys were like "omg ward scared of bute"

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            remember when ward went into the super 6 as the biggest underdog of the lot....and won it...and bute sat out and was fighting guys like jesse brinkley and brian magee....so when ward won bute was sitting there like "gimme my shot" and ward was like "gfy...go beat someone worth a **** first im tired" lol.....

Great point

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Great point
              there really wasnt alot else out there for bute because the talent was in the tournament...but if bute had been in good fights ward probably would have said "yeah sure"....but ward was like "you been fighting bums while i been puttin in work against the divisions elite....now you wanna hop to the front of the line"

Comment

Floyd is doing it with Gervonta, so I don't see the problem?

Comment

Yea the business side of me agrees with Moretti. As a fan WBSS sounds good and all but as a promoter, why the fuk would i send out my guy to a tournament that isnt even televised on a major network?

Fuk WBSS if they arent gonna show it on TV

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

And many had the ****en nerve to say that Ward was ducking Bute......which I found hilarious lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X