Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: How Dangerous Is Derevyanchenko For Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Hes more dangerous then those +360 odds suggest is all I know for sure. Im still picking GGG to win, but my money is on Derevyanchenko. This fight feels 60/40 or at worst 70/30 & those odds are telling me its a 79/21 GGG fight so they are giving me 9% to 19% of a betting edge.
    I can see your definitely a numbers guy.
    Idviously you have been involved in high stakes gambling before but I think your % is of and GGG will knock Sergio Out in the latter rounds after GGG demonstrates what he's learnt from Banks.
    Will be a back n forth until G puts the hammer down in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      I can see your definitely a numbers guy.
      Idviously you have been involved in high stakes gambling before but I think your % is of and GGG will knock Sergio Out in the latter rounds after GGG demonstrates what he's learnt from Banks.
      Will be a back n forth until G puts the hammer down in the later rounds.
      Idk that Id make very many top five-ish fights worst then 70/30 is the thing.

And lets not forget GGG is old, GGG has a new trainer & this will have to be one of GGG's best W's since Davey L to not be a 70/30 looking fight most likely & that Davey L was awhile ago & is likely his best looking win over his best opponent.

That Danny fight was close & you could argue he lost. Obviously both Canelo fights were close & he didnt officially win either of those.

I just thing people are overrating GGG & underrating Derevyanchenko whos not been no easy win for anyone yet & I think hes younger, fresher, hungrier & while not as skilled as GGG isnt exactly unskilled either.

I suspect GGG comes very cautious like he did vs Davey L to start this fight, but I think thats gonna backfire a lil bit & this might turn into a FOTY firefight & itll become much more 50/50ish at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        Will be a good test for him for sure...not sure what the problem with Vanes, Brook or Geale are lol...3 good fighters, different styles...Vanes had inactivity/weight increase issues, Brook weight increase...but those 3 are like GGG's 5th 7th and 13th best wins lol...and would be like top 5 for most active fighters tbh
        So what's the outcome tonight ?
        GGG, late round stoppage ??
        Whatchoo got ?

Comment

decent fight, but really no buzz at all on fight day.. ill be watching and maybe in the RBR thread if i can..

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
            So what's the outcome tonight ?
            GGG, late round stoppage ??
            Whatchoo got ?
            Man I want to say late stoppage...but I said late stoppage for Porter-Spence, early stoppage for Mikey-Spence, late stoppage for Nelo-GGG 1 and early stoppage for Danny-GGG...wrong on all 4 with no stoppages.

My instincts still tell me that if SD comes to fight, and if SD looks as average as he did vs Culcay, and if GGG is still more or less what he was, this one will end early...that's a lot of caveats though...I would say at least a late stoppage, if those happen, and could see GGG hurting SD early too and jumping on him and ending.

I will say it goes 12 and GGG wins 8-4 on my card, and wins a comfortable decision while looking pretty good...but of course it is boxing my friend, anything can happen

What is your prediction?

Comment

Man I want to say late stoppage...but I said late stoppage for Porter-Spence, early stoppage for Mikey-Spence, late stoppage for Nelo-GGG 1 and early stoppage for Danny-GGG...wrong on all 4 with no stoppages.

My instincts still tell me that if SD comes to fight, and if SD looks as average as he did vs Culcay, and if GGG is still more or less what he was, this one will end early...that's a lot of caveats though...I would say at least a late stoppage, if those happen, and could see GGG hurting SD early too and jumping on him and ending.
              I will say it goes 12 and GGG wins 8-4 on my card, and wins a comfortable decision while looking pretty good...but of course it is boxing my friend, anything can happen

What is your prediction?
              Well I was sticking with GGG getting a TKO in the championship rounds, but that Dervy is just too tough. He wouldn't go down or give up. He came to win.
              So it looks like your call was just about spot on. It may have been a close decision, but I think it's fairly clear G did enough to win.
              Are you getting a lot of 'controversy' vibes ? I haven't really canvassed the forum yet...

Comment

Well I was sticking with GGG getting a TKO in the championship rounds, but that Dervy is just too tough. He wouldn't go down or give up. He came to win.
                So it looks like your call was just about spot on. It may have been a close decision, but I think it's fairly clear G did enough to win.
                Are you getting a lot of 'controversy' vibes ? I haven't really canvassed the forum yet...
                Yeah man that was a great fight lol...SD really impressed me...GGG didn't work the jab nearly enough imo.

How did you score it?

I watched it live...thought SD was pretty clearly the better man imo.

Scoring it I felt the same way...problem for me for SD was he got a little unlucky I think.

His 8-4 win turned into a 6-6 loss on my card after the KD in round 1, and the cut from the shot GGG landed in round 2...if those 2 or 3 punches never happen, I probably shade round 1 to SD, and think he takes round 2 pretty clearly.

Definitely imo the best I have ever seen anyone do vs GGG, and I legitimately feel SD was the better man last night, by a 60/40 spread...but he just got a couple bad breaks I think in a couple of those rounds, on my card anyway...could see someone scoring it 7-5 to SD as well though.

Comment

Yeah man that was a great fight lol...SD really impressed me...GGG didn't work the jab nearly enough imo.

How did you score it?

I watched it live...thought SD was pretty clearly the better man imo.

Scoring it I felt the same way...problem for me for SD was he got a little unlucky I think.

His 8-4 win turned into a 6-6 loss on my card after the KD in round 1, and the cut from the shot GGG landed in round 2...if those 2 or 3 punches never happen, I probably shade round 1 to SD, and think he takes round 2 pretty clearly.

Definitely imo the best I have ever seen anyone do vs GGG, and I legitimately feel SD was the better man last night, by a 60/40 spread...but he just got a couple bad breaks I think in a couple of those rounds, on my card anyway...could see someone scoring it 7-5 to SD as well though.
                  Not sure I could describe it any better than you just did. It was very close and comes down to how you saw just a few exchanges.
                  Someone else described how it could have been 114-113 either way, and I'm ok with that, but I lean toward GGG.
                  Just like Porter and Danny Garcia, I think Dervy beats most guys in his weight division.

Comment

Not sure I could describe it any better than you just did. It was very close and comes down to how you saw just a few exchanges.
                    Someone else described how it could have been 114-113 either way, and I'm ok with that, but I lean toward GGG.
                    Just like Porter and Danny Garcia, I think Dervy beats most guys in his weight division.
                    Yeah probably GGG showing some age the other night...but very impressed with SD as well, he just wanted it a lot more it seemed...great fight from him after the KD in round 1 and the cut in round 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X