No announcement yet.

Pro with no amateur fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro with no amateur fights

A guy from my town just went pro. He is said to have no amateur fights. Can you do this? He is 2-0 with 1 KO. I was just curious.

you can if you want to...but for most it's probably not a good idea

Comment

David Banks had no amateur experience. So yeah you can.

Comment

I can see how it's possible. . . although there's not enough beer in the world to make that sound like a good idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
          David Banks had no amateur experience. So yeah you can.
          And look how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
            And look how that turned out.
            understandable, but look at audley harrison and kirk johnson who had extensive amateur backgrounds and didn't go anywhere. of course an amateur experience can improve anyone, but it doesn't guarantee success. going pro before the amateurs give you even less chance of success based on statistics that i have not studied, but am assuming. but a pro can be successful without amateur experience if he has a good head on his shoulders and has physical gifts to which not many men are his equal.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernautburn View Post
              understandable, but look at audley harrison and kirk johnson who had extensive amateur backgrounds and didn't go anywhere. of course an amateur experience can improve anyone, but it doesn't guarantee success. going pro before the amateurs give you even less chance of success based on statistics that i have not studied, but am assuming. but a pro can be successful without amateur experience if he has a good head on his shoulders and has physical gifts to which not many men are his equal.
              it certainly isnt negative though, tszyu had around 250 am wins (correct me if im wrong) and he did big things. but your right am fights are not required but its rare to see them not happen in a boxers background.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernautburn View Post
                understandable, but look at audley harrison and kirk johnson who had extensive amateur backgrounds and didn't go anywhere.
                I'd rather win Olympic gold and go nowhere as a pro, than just turn pro off the street and go nowhere... I'm also pretty sure Audley got paid a hell of a lot better for going nowhere than David Banks did.

Comment

ya wow ppl think they can handle it.. but if u dont realize once u spar thats its a bad idea.. then u will end up like david banks did.

Comment

oh and man did david banks get LAID OUT or what?!

Comment

Working...
                    X