Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Jacobs Gave Golovkin Too Much Respect, Canelo Won't!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Jacobs Gave Golovkin Too Much Respect, Canelo Won't!

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya, who handles Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs), believes Daniel Jacobs showed too much respect in the first half of the fight with Gennady Golovkin this past Saturday.

[Click Here To Read More]

He gave him the ultimate respect Oscar. He gave him the belt. Let's get it on before Golovkin is 40, and we might have a good fight.

Comment

Canelo won't... fight ....you mean!

Comment

Canelo wont beat Jacobs, Eubank, GGG, maybe not Even Lemiuex and Charlo. Beating Chinny Khan, Midget Cotto, Weakest champ Smith, Layoff Kirkland (No An Wolf) and Bum Chavez doesnt prepare you for top Middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
          Canelo wont beat Jacobs, Eubank, GGG, maybe not Even Lemiuex and Charlo.

fk you're a dick

I doubt that any of those guys can beat Canelo once he is acclimatized to 160

you're a fkn dick LMAO

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
          Beating Chinny Khan, Midget Cotto, Weakest champ Smith, Layoff Kirkland (No An Wolf) and Bum Chavez doesnt prepare you for top Middleweights.

oh really ?

well, beating second-rate feather-fisted Mora certainly prepared Jacobs for Golovkin

Comment

Canelo showed respect and fear by giving him his belt.
            And Jacobs might have survived because of that respect. I need to watch it again because i had it a draw but im sorprised about Jacobs. I love both guys so im happywith the result even tough i wanted GGG`s KO streak to continue with out hurting Jacobs too much. I think if GGG can get Saunders and Canelo and he beats them, he needs to rematch Jacobs before going up in weight or retireing.

Comment

Jacobs would beat Canelo's arse

Comment

De la Hoya seems to forget at the end of the day Canelo is about 5'7 1/2 and Jacobs was 6'0 185 pounds

Comment

Can someone take that coke away from oscar please? smh.

Comment

You guys miss the obvious. Delahoya is obvious trying to pressure G into accepting the purse he was offered.

I've said it before. Golovkin used the mandatory position to try to bully his way into a 70/30 purse split without the crendentials or draw to do so.

The one question that sticks out in my mind is why is Golovkin so obessed about a payday. It seems he lacks confidence in his future. It's not canelos fault that he waited till 30 to turn pro.

Comment

Working...
                    X