No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Expect Mayweather Jr. Fight in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Expect Mayweather Jr. Fight in 2013

Edison "Eddy" Reynoso, manager of WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs), expects his fighters to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. at some point in 2013. Canelo's next return if being targeted for May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Floyd Mayweather Jr. will appear in action on the same card, likely against Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero. Canelo's opponent has not been finalized.

[Click Here To Read More]

Thats If Mayweather gets past Guerrero! Its funny how everyone is already looking past Guererro!

Comment

Which is why bumhype & his team of baby handlers must cherrypick yet another welterweight or smaller & duck Trout & any other legit 154lb fighter. To ensure bumyhpe makes it to the Floyd fight undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Thats If Mayweather gets past Guerrero! Its funny how everyone is already looking past Guererro!
        Of course he will get past him. The powers-to-be have done a good job selling Guerrero as a threat. Remember the article last year, on Trainers thought on a potential Guerrero-Mayweather fight with the majority picking Guerrero.

It's a set-up. For whatever reason, this match up was being pushed. And now he beats up a target in Berto who just stood there and tried to slug one punch at a time, making Guerrero look like the next Margarito or something.

His 'skills' will get outmaneuvered one round a time with lateral movement. At best, he does as good as Ricky Hatton did prior to getting Ko. At worst, he gets a boxing lesson, a la Baldomir. I don't see a KO either way. It won't be as competitive as Cotto-Floyd, no scare moment as Mosley in round 2. And it won't be a beat down like Floyd vs Gatti. My hunch is Floyd-Baldomir-esque or Floyd-Hatton minus the TKO (if Guerrero is somewhat effective).

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Which is why bumhype & his team of baby handlers must cherrypick yet another welterweight or smaller & duck Trout & any other legit 154lb fighter. To ensure bumyhpe makes it to the Floyd fight undefeated.

You're right. Cotto fuked himself out of a payday with Trout. Alvarez was to Cotto, what Mayweather is to Alvarez. If it happened to Cotto, it can happen to ginger. Even if he squeaks out a split decision, but shows weakness against a boring lanky Jr. Middleweight in Trout, the fight will be ruined.

I've now seen three Mayweather PPV undercards, and Canelo was showcased in all of them with his undefeated record. The mainstream fans who don't know **** have gotten used to him and wonder how he would do against Floyd. The last one I saw at the theaters. A whole bunch of 'oooh' and 'ahhh's every time Canelo landed on old Mosley. Even a bunch of 'Ahhhhh' when his record was shown at (40-0 was it?). Of course they're gonna preserve that image. If Trout give him a competitive fight, the match up loses steam.

Comment

interesting , DALLAS COWBOY STADIUM ???

Comment

GBP will not risk a potential Mayweather fight by making Canelo Trout May 4 so it will be either Cotto or Angulo

Comment

if Mayweather fights Guerrero than it means Mayweather will probably beat him, barring some kind of fluke accident.

Mayweather doesn't take big risks just big paydays. Mayweather is the biggest hustler in the game

i'm a lot more interested in Canelo againt Trout than against Mayweather. until Canelo actually fights somebody in his division I really don't care what his team says.

Comment

if mayweather-canelo happens @ cowboy stadium count me in. the atmosphere @ that fight would be electric

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                    Of course he will get past him. The powers-to-be have done a good job selling Guerrero as a threat. Remember the article last year, on Trainers thought on a potential Guerrero-Mayweather fight with the majority picking Guerrero.

It's a set-up. For whatever reason, this match up was being pushed. And now he beats up a target in Berto who just stood there and tried to slug one punch at a time, making Guerrero look like the next Margarito or something.

His 'skills' will get outmaneuvered one round a time with lateral movement. At best, he does as good as Ricky Hatton did prior to getting Ko. At worst, he gets a boxing lesson, a la Baldomir. I don't see a KO either way. It won't be as competitive as Cotto-Floyd, no scare moment as Mosley in round 2. And it won't be a beat down like Floyd vs Gatti. My hunch is Floyd-Baldomir-esque or Floyd-Hatton minus the TKO (if Guerrero is somewhat effective).
                    The smaller guys coming up in weight are usually the ones that give floyd trouble. hatton was very competitive but just got flatlined by the check hooks. that wont happen with guerrero, he has a solid beard. he doesn't have the size of an antonio margarito but he can apply that type of pressure the way a prime jose luis castillo could. this match up has been pushed no doubt but i can see guerrero having a style to give floyd problems with. its a good tough fight for floyd off the layoff because he is taking on a southpaw with height, reach, and a good body attack. i expect it to be more competitive than the cotto fight. guerrero has experience unlike a victor ortiz type fighter. guerrero is ready and has earned this by taking on 2 legit welterweight contenders.

Comment

Working...
                    X