No announcement yet.

Al Haymon fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Haymon fighters

My question is does Al Haymon fighters fight each other?

I was thinking of possible opponets for Floyd once he returns later this year and Berto and Alexander seem like possibilities. The Pac fight won't happen, if Sergio fights in September that fight is out and GBP wants a Canelo fight in 2013 so who's left? I came to the Berto-Ortiz winner and Devon Alexander but Berto and alexander are Haymon fighters and I can't remember two of his fighters fighting each other.

They are pro black, under al haymon. Nope not fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by chibomber View Post
      They are pro black, under al haymon. Nope not fighting each other.
      They are pro money then pro black. All his fighters fight blacks, its money over everything.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
        They are pro money then pro black. All his fighters fight blacks, its money over everything.
        True, but them fighting each other does not equal money because they are not big enough names as far as devin alexander goes. Berto lost to a guy Mayweather beat so there goes that too.

Comment

Overall they dont fight eachother

But There would be no problem in pinning guys like Devon or Berto against Floyd. Haymon would take millions from each fighters purse and losing to Floyd doesnt really diminish you stock so it wont really hurt fighters.

If Berto beats Ortiz, he will almost def be Floyds next opponent if the Canelo fight is not next. He was suppose to face floyd after beating Ortiz but that didnt happen

Comment

Originally posted by chibomber View Post
            True, but them fighting each other does not equal money because they are not big enough names as far as devin alexander goes. Berto lost to a guy Mayweather beat so there goes that too.
            The three biggest money fights won't happen until 2013, Floyd wants a stay busy fight for the end of 2012 plus all of Floyd's are big money fights. Whoever Floyd fights will get their largest purse and will make close to 50 million with 100% of the pay per view. A 2nd fight this year is a bonus. He has been fighting once a year for a long time so a second fight is just extra revenue. I'm not saying he will fight those two guys I just don't agree with your reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Overall they dont fight eachother

But There would be no problem in pinning guys like Devon or Berto against Floyd. Haymon would take millions from each fighters purse and losing to Floyd doesnt really diminish you stock so it wont really hurt fighters.

If Berto beats Ortiz, he will almost def be Floyds next opponent if the Canelo fight is not next. He was suppose to face floyd after beating Ortiz but that didnt happen
              This is exactly what I was thinking. Losing to Floyd doesn't really hurt these guys and Al will make money off both fighters.

Comment

if the money is right they would

you guys dont seem to get it

that's how a business works
                decisions are monetary and nothing else.

them not fighting eachother is a decision haymon makes. it's financially driven. if they fight (and floyd was at the berto - ortiz fight because berto was the favorite and haymon was trying to set up berto - mayweather,) it will be a financial decision.
                it's not common because it's not good for business.

Comment

Floyd is different than normal Al Haymon fighters, because he does whatever the f**k he wants. He was going to fight Andre Berto for his return had Berto beaten Ortiz, at least that's what most people think. Ortiz beat him, and Mayweather fought Ortiz, the WBC WW champ and #2 ranked WW.

If Sergio does land the Chavez/Lee winner in September, there's no way in hell he's fighting 3 months later against Floyd, it's just not happening. He'd most likely return anywhere from March-May 2013. Khan is apossibility if he beats Peterson, but Schaeafer already said that fight is more likely to happen in 2013, because Khan has to beat Peterson and a Top WW before fighting Floyd. Manny Pacquiao isn't happening until 2013 at the earliest, according to Schaefer and Arum, that's a pipe dream for the fall. And it seems like GBP dpesn't want to throw Canelo in with Floyd in December, after Canelo fights Kirkland/Molina in September first.

So, if Andre Berto beats Ortiz down and wins handily, that could be a potential matchup, and at least it'd be a legit one. The only problem I see with it is that Floyd most likely won't have his WBC title anymore, and Berto won't have a title anymore either because he vacated the IBF title. So, he'd be fighting the #2 ranked WW, a good fight, but nothing else on the line. No title or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                    The three biggest money fights won't happen until 2013, Floyd wants a stay busy fight for the end of 2012 plus all of Floyd's are big money fights. Whoever Floyd fights will get their largest purse and will make close to 50 million with 100% of the pay per view. A 2nd fight this year is a bonus. He has been fighting once a year for a long time so a second fight is just extra revenue. I'm not saying he will fight those two guys I just don't agree with your reasoning.
                    OK, im not trying to convince you of anything so I don't need you to agree with me. It's just stating that they are not big names. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                    X