No announcement yet.

Timekeeper License Revoked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timekeeper License Revoked

The BBBC have recently made this statement regardign recent events at the Enzo Mc and PHil Mcphibin fight.
    I think it's a suitable punishment for a pretty bad mistake.
    However it would have been better if there was a little more clarity perhaps and there was a transcript of the meeting and would perhaps provide greater clarity.
    What are peoples thoughts?

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
    The BBBC have recently made this statement regardign recent events at the Enzo Mc and PHil Mcphibin fight.
    However it would have been better if there was a little more clarity perhaps and there was a transcript of the meeting and would perhaps provide greater clarity.
    What are peoples thoughts?
    That whole incident was such a disgrace. I believe there's more than meets the eye here and I doubt it was just a mistake. Enzo was about to be taken out at that time and I wouldn't be surprised if money changed hands, worst form of corruption I think

Comment

Yeah, not much detail in that. But cheers for posting anyway/ I'm a Brit and think Enzo's a crackin guy. But that just stank. Coke face Warren desperate to keep the fight going. He's put a lot of money into Box nation and to have a one round fight on his show when he's trying to sort Big Mac out with a new lease of life as well as sell the channel it wouldn't of looked good.
      Having said that. If he had nothing to do with it then it makes a sham out of British Boxing. The ref should of sorted the time keeper out good and proper. He's the daddy when it comes to things like counting people out for christ sakes! Wasn't impressed. Entertaining though and glad Mac won. Can't see him doing much more though unfortunately and at least McPhilbin can dine out on that fight for the next coupla years.

Comment

I'm not as sceptical to think that there was money changing hands here. It was too farcical and the converstation that would have happend before would have been something like do what ever you can to help him...
        The fact that the time wasn't kept during the break properly seemed a knee jerk reaction to try to rectify things and perhaps disproves any darker notion. I think he made a mistake and panicked.

Comment

I reckon something suspect was going down.

How can the timekeeper get it so spectacularly wrong?!? It wasn't like there was 5 seconds to go, there was 40 seconds and Enzo was gone!

I've never been ringside in an official capacity myself, but I imagine timekeeper is one of the more straightforward jobs, they even get training for it!

There was either some dodgy dealings here or the timekeeper is completely senile.

Comment

I would suggest the opposite is maybe true.
            Like in football how people think linesmaning is easier than refereeing.
            As a qualified ref I can say I much prefer to Ref than linesman its much harder.
            I agree he got it so terribly wrong, perversely that to me makes it all the more legit

Comment

However it would have been better
              Last edited by richwasson4; 04-14-2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

lol warren is corrupt and he knows it and goes around threatening sites who say anything bad about him.

Comment

The Timekeeper had an absolute nightmare. Not surprised hes getting some training and a suspension.

Comment

Enzo is a bum, Welsh boxers have no chins that Welsh glass is only due to smash sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                    X