Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is dehydrating for a weigh in more beneficial than coming into a fight at your...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is dehydrating for a weigh in more beneficial than coming into a fight at your...

Natural fighting weight?

Although Pac and JMM weigh typically the same on fight night whether fighting at 135, 140, or a catchweight between 140-147, I still see Pac haters claim that Pac is dragging JMM up to a weight where they claim JMM wont be effective despite the FACT that both fighters will be within a 2-3lbs from eachother on fight night and also a FACT that even when JMM fights at LW, he still comes into his fights at around the 144 catchweight that both fighters agreed to for their upcoming fight.

So can someone give me a logical explaination as to how dehydrating to 135 then packing on around 10lbs after the weigh in is more beneficial to a fighter instead of just training and coming into a fight at their natural fighting weight without having to dehydrate of starve themselves?

I guess because even though that person who trained to get to their natural fighting weight will feel healthy come fight night, they will be giving up around 10 pounds in weight to the other guy. Sure the guy had to rehydrate but it's just water and you can lose a lot of water in a couple hrs of training before you know it.

Extra power tends to come from the extra weight too not to mention you can wear the lighter man down.

Comment

why was Marquez alot slower and had no power on his punches at his natural weight of 144 two years ago ?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        why was Marquez alot slower and had no power on his punches at his natural weight of 144 two years ago ?
        not sure if his fight against floyd really tells us anything.

against pac I think he'll always be a good matchup. Against bigger guys like ortiz or berto who rehydrate to 155-160 he would just be too small.

Comment

Pacquiao's last 6 fights have been at 140 or higher.

Marquez has one fight over 135 and he was throughly dominated. He was slow, fat, his timing was off, his legs were stuck in cement and he had no head movement. Hes barely that beastly at 135 let alone 144 where Pacs wants him.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I guess because even though that person who trained to get to their natural fighting weight will feel healthy come fight night, they will be giving up around 10 pounds in weight to the other guy. Sure the guy had to rehydrate but it's just water and you can lose a lot of water in a couple hrs of training before you know it.

Extra power tends to come from the extra weight too not to mention you can wear the lighter man down.
            Not in this case. Pac doesnt put on much weight after weigh in's. Typically just a lb or 2. Both fighters will be around the same weight come fight time.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              JMM was 148 come fight time against Katsidis and looked sensational.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                not sure if his fight against floyd really tells us anything.against pac I think he'll always be a good matchup. Against bigger guys like ortiz or berto who rehydrate to 155-160 he would just be too small.
                It told me:

He was slower
                His timing was way off
                He couldnt move his feet
                His head movement was gone
                He had ZERO pop on his punches

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  It told me:

He was slower
                  His timing was way off
                  He couldnt move his feet
                  His head movement was gone
                  He had ZERO pop on his punches
                  it should have told you:

styles make fights
                  JMM was playing the role of the aggressor chasing a bigger, faster man around the ring which is not his game, he's a counter puncher by nature
                  pac will be the aggressor against JMM which is JMM's game

If Pac completely blows marquez out of the water I'll eat my words but this is style matchup that JMM is comfortable against. Pac will come to him and JMM will set traps. That's the way it goes when they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Pacquiao's last 6 fights have been at 140 or higher.

Marquez has one fight over 135 and he was throughly dominated. He was slow, fat, his timing was off, his legs were stuck in cement and he had no head movement. Hes barely that beastly at 135 let alone 144 where Pacs wants him.
                    JMM fights at or around 144 on fight night anyway. What's the difference?

Comment

Working...
                    X