No announcement yet.

Fedor's NYE contract makes 'Anderson Silva money' look like chumps change

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedor's NYE contract makes 'Anderson Silva money' look like chumps change

Middle Easy is assuming that the "enormous amount" was changed. Even if it was, it still would have been huge seeing as it makes Anderson Silva money look like chumps change.

This is what a good fighter manager should be doing, getting the most amounts for their fighter, good on ya M-1 Global!

If this is a co-promoted event then this is also a win-win situation for both Dream and M1-Global, since the risks are shared as well as the costs of holding the event. M-1 and the Japanese has always worked well together, this is probably why Fedor and even Gegard (when he was with M-1) has taken part in many NYE events. NYE events are usually very well sought after and very profitable for any fighter. Another reason why this is highly important for the Japanese is that out of all the fighters in the event, Fedor really legitimizes the event to the eyes of the "idiot" Western MMA media who normally dont pay attention to top Japanese talents. While to the Japanese, their favorite son and Olympic hero is going up against another well known and highly respected/loved fighter (for a non Japanese who is not Bob Sapp).

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...:organizations

Well, it looks like we are wrong.

A couple weeks ago in our Sunday Morning Rumor Mill, we stated there was 0% chance Fedor would be fighting Satoshi Ishii. This statement was mainly due to an amount M-1 Global wanted from Real Entertainment, an amount so high that we absolutely knew DREAM could not afford to shell it out. The price won't be mentioned here, but trust me, it was an enormous amount. It makes 'Anderson Silva money' look like change found in your mother's sofa. Now it appears that M-1 Global has settled for a reduced amount for Fedor Emelainenko to fight in DREAM's NYE card (otherwise known as 'Genkidesuka!! Oomisoka!! 2011!') against Olympic judoka, Satoshi Ishii.

The bout was just confirmed by M-1 Global in a press release just minutes ago, and the announcements reads as if the event will be co-promoted by M-1 Global. Unfortunately the DREAM heavyweight title will not be on the line, since Alistair Overeem has it stored safely in one of his biceps. It all goes down on HDNet on December 31st, so we're assuming you will stay up until 5:00am with the rest of us. If not, please destroy your MMA fan card at your earliest convenience.

Also, due to MiddleEasy being absolutely wrong on our Fedor/Ishii item in the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill, we will no longer publish the feature for the remainder of 2011.
    Share this story

I love Fedor, but you're really **** about this stuff.

Comment

either this is bullshit(cuz the amount was not mentioned) or Fedor is gonna get screwed out of getting most of that money. OR, DREAM doesn't make nearly enough money to make that event worth it and never makes such an offer again.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        either this is bullshit(cuz the amount was not mentioned) or Fedor is gonna get screwed out of getting most of that money. OR, DREAM doesn't make nearly enough money to make that event worth it and never makes such an offer again.
        The fighters in Dream not being paid wasn't a result of Real Entertainment (the Dream parent company) but because of FEG. Dream is no longer working with FEG. At the press conference to announce the NYE card (which was in Japanese and as a result not really reported on in English at all, but I speak Japanese) Dream head Sasahara stated that they were no longer working with Dream due to a whole string of problems, including the non-payment of fighter purses.

As for the other details, I assume there is more than meets the eye. This is just simply a guess, by I am thinking there is a good possibility that a portion of Fedor's purse will be from M-1, likely in return for the granting of some promotional rights to M-1, such as the right to sell the fight in Russia, and perhaps some other markets. Just speculation.

What is more, Fedor does bring quite a lot to the table. They are still working on getting a television deal for the card, but the Fedor-Ishii fight could prove decisive in their being able to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          The fighters in Dream not being paid wasn't a result of Real Entertainment (the Dream parent company) but because of FEG. Dream is no longer working with FEG. At the press conference to announce the NYE card (which was in Japanese and as a result not really reported on in English at all, but I speak Japanese) Dream head Sasahara stated that they were no longer working with Dream due to a whole string of problems, including the non-payment of fighter purses.

As for the other details, I assume there is more than meets the eye. This is just simply a guess, by I am thinking there is a good possibility that a portion of Fedor's purse will be from M-1, likely in return for the granting of some promotional rights to M-1, such as the right to sell the fight in Russia, and perhaps some other markets. Just speculation.

What is more, Fedor does bring quite a lot to the table. They are still working on getting a television deal for the card, but the Fedor-Ishii fight could prove decisive in their being able to do so.
          ok, didn't know all that.

But that was mostly just me being bitter about Fedor not fighting in UFC. lol still haven't gotten over that. But I blame M-1 not Fedor for that.
          Last edited by -Swizzy-; 12-14-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Fedor ain't fighting anybody though and his promotion is bound to fail sooner or later.
            It makes zero sense to pay that much money to one fighter. Especially since his best days are probably far behind him.

Comment

is this yet another dig at the UFC?

pretty embarrassing if it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                Fedor ain't fighting anybody though and his promotion is bound to fail sooner or later.
                It makes zero sense to pay that much money to one fighter. Especially since his best days are probably far behind him.
                I don't know about that. if you saw his last fight, Fedor is fighting differently now. He actually fought smart and used some strategy. didn't just rush in like a bull.

it wasn't as exciting as vintage Fedor, but still, it might be the answer to extend his career another couple of years against the top competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                  1) fighting against a very proven and experinced fighter with a couple of big scalps under his belt like Monson is legit. Fedor v Ishii is also legit, Ishii is a very dangerous up and coming fighter whose great on the ground.

2) M-1 with its current owners has existed longer than UFC has with its current owner. M-1 has the European market cornered and is the prominent promotion there. So dont hold your breath for them failing.

3) Fedor is important for a TV broadcasting rights, and does deserve the money because of what he can bring to the table. Which is allot.

Comment

quit trying to legitimize Monson as a threat to anyone, everyone knew he had no chance of winning that fight it was a gimme fight same with his NYE opponent fedor with 30+ fights fighting a fighter with 6 fights with nobodies under his belt.
                    it got old long ago to try and say all his fights were with contenders and dangerous people especially when everyone tried passing off matt lindland as a threat.
                    everyone saw what happend to fedor when he fought marginal talent in Werdum after that fight his mystique was gone and then look at what Silva did to him another mediocre fighter, then once again when he fought a middleweight in Dan Henderson.
                    one brett rodgers made fedor look human he was screwed nobody was scared of him and then he got taken out like my sig says

Comment

Working...
                    X