I just sparred a friend of mine...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Let me speak from personal experience.

Try to weather the storm. The 2-3 kicks he may get off, might hurt but whether the storm and still charge forward. Try to get on the inside as fast as possible. I would say take the peek-a-boo guard and charge right in until you get right against his body. Then do work.

I know exactly how it is.... Because I was in the same situation as you before but I was the taekwondo guy.

Oh yeah. Don't listen to any punch the feet bull**** and there is no such thing as a 'kung fu' style.
    i don't know what his martial art is, but its some form that relies on kicking heavily, i just call it kung-fu. lol I asked him and his said it was a form Tae-kwan-do. So just get on the inside and hurt him there. Always worked.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      i don't know what his martial art is, but its some form that relies on kicking heavily, i just call it kung-fu. lol I asked him and his said it was a form Tae-kwan-do. So just get on the inside and hurt him there. Always worked.
      It's all good, I just dislike hearing kung-fu as a style. I always facepalm when I hear that.

Inside fighting always works with the tkd guys. It was part of the reason why I moved on from tkd to learn different martial arts. I still got love for tkd though.

Comment

I did TKD for some years before taking up boxing. They can kick hard and good if they have you on some distance but they can't throw or block a decent punch if their life depended on it. You have to have good footwork and move in when they miss with a kick and then just open up in close, they wont have anything to comeback with, they don't know how to block effectively and they are not used to being punched in the face over and over again. Just get inside and it is easy work.

Comment

If you can't figure out how to beat your friend, then I doubt that you have been boxing for 8 years. Get on the inside, he can't kick you there.... there is no need to be technical about it... just swarm in.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post

Comment

Working...
            X