Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor's body shots are a thing of beauty (pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy just needs an IP ban...so we get all his alts as well..he needs time away...he actually needs psychological help, because Floyd Mayweather has ruined his life

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
      And he still lost, to a 40 year old boxer, who hasn't fought over two years and wasn't able to spar, for over a month, because of a hand injury.
      let the excuses over a novice keep pouring in.

Last edited by Spoon23; 09-01-2017, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Nothing he hit Mayweather with seemed to bother Mayweather at all. Conor is not a good puncher by pro boxing standards. His punches weren't fast or snappy and they had very little body weight in them. Conor and his millions of fans vastly overrated his punching power. He can knock out chinny MMA guys with 4 ounce gloves and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Nothing he hit Mayweather with seemed to bother Mayweather at all. Conor is not a good puncher by pro boxing standards. His punches weren't fast or snappy and they had very little body weight in them. Conor and his millions of fans vastly overrated his punching power. He can knock out chinny MMA guys with 4 ounce gloves and that's it.
          It's not all about power, it's about connecting with clean shots. Conor did that in spades. You have to give him that, especially in the early rounds, when Floyd was lost in the wilderness being tagged to death by a novice.

Like I said, give props to where credit is due. Conor did more than what we expected.

he represented MMA good in this fight.

Do you picture a shoalin monk who is 70 years old get touched like that?

Do you picture a grand master 7 dan karate champion get touched like that?

Do you picture a teacher of a given sport who has learned his craft for most of his life get touched like that?

Randy Couture was a 40 years old and took Toney's head in mere seconds. That's not even someone who acknowledges he is the best of his sport and he still did that to James Toney. We expected Floyd to take Conor's head in great fashion. What we got was mediocrity.

Stallone even said before the fight, Conor stepping in the ring with Floyd is murder. Max before the fight also said, Conor won't land a single punch on Floyd. That's the level of greatness a master should be in, but what it was, is just a tale of fake hype. Floyd has been undressed. The last heist is done.

Oh well, at least He beat Conor. It could have been much worse if conor survived 12.

Floyd needs to hang it up. He's done at the elite level.

Crumple zones achieved and targeted:

Last edited by Spoon23; 09-04-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I seriously doubt we will ever see Conor fighting under boxing rules again. He found out pro boxing isn't the walk in the park he thought it would be. He isn't good enough to beat any top 20 pro boxer and he never will be. Dana White says he doesn't want Conor boxing again. He knows Conor would lose to any boxer worth a damn and that's not good for the UFC. Conor is a great cage fighter so leave it at that. Self belief s good but you must have the skills to carry out your goal. When it comes to pro boxing he doesn't have the skills.

Comment

I seriously doubt we will ever see Conor fighting under boxing rules again. He found out pro boxing isn't the walk in the park he thought it would be. He isn't good enough to beat any top 20 pro boxer and he never will be. Dana White says he doesn't want Conor boxing again. He knows Conor would lose to any boxer worth a damn and that's not good for the UFC. Conor is a great cage fighter so leave it at that. Self belief s good but you must have the skills to carry out your goal. When it comes to pro boxing he doesn't have the skills.
              True, but he still did good anyways against a seasoned vet.

Like I said, learning a discipline takes years to hone. Conor did in a shortest time possible against an elite. That speaks volumes. That is what this thread is about. Not his future in boxing. It's what he did in the highest level of boxing.

Those body shots are an example of what he accomplished as a novice. That speaks volumes on what he achieved in a short notice of learning a different discipline.
              Last edited by Spoon23; 08-30-2017, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Believe it or not I am a Conor fan and he fought courageously and gave a good account of himself. I just think he should stick to cage fighting because he is the best in the world at that. I don't believe he has the potential to ever be a top pro boxer from what I saw. As Conor himself said he has been perfecting his boxing skills since he was a young boy so he really isn't a novice boxer.

Comment

Believe it or not I am a Conor fan and he fought courageously and gave a good account of himself. I just think he should stick to cage fighting because he is the best in the world at that. I don't believe he has the potential to ever be a top pro boxer from what I saw. As Conor himself said he has been perfecting his boxing skills since he was a young boy so he really isn't a novice boxer.
                  I don't want him to go pro boxing, if he is not 100% in learning the craft.

I'll keep it simple.

In MMA you learn to hone all your attributes from arms to legs. Knee strikes, elbow strikes, high kicks, low kicks, punches etc..

In boxing you only need to practice throwing punches.

And that is why boxer should hit harder. They only have to hone one part of the human body when it comes to hurting. Conor can't be half baked in boxing, and if he goes boxing. He needs to practice in years before fighting another elite. Mastering punching form and strength takes years to develop.

That is why I agree. He should stay in his lane and go back to MMA if he won't be 100% focused in learning the art of pugulism.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    especially in the early rounds, when Floyd was lost in the wilderness being tagged to death
                    Can you do me a favor...and give me an estimate on how many landed punches qualifies as "tagged to death?"

I'm honestly curious...

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    Floyd needs to hang it up. He's done at the elite level.
                    you keep saying this...is it supposed to somehow hurt the feelings of a Floyd fan?...

Because for me personally, as a Floyd fan...I think Floyd should have stopped fighting after the PAC fight...He had already diminished significantly at that point...
                    Last edited by Soda_Popinski; 08-30-2017, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda_Popinski View Post
                      Because for me personally, as a Floyd fan...I think Floyd should have stopped fighting after the PAC fight...He had already diminished significantly at that point...
                      I think that Spoon has a good point. The retired fighter should retire.

Comment

Working...
                      X