No announcement yet.

Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    It’s a catch 22. If there isn’t enough being done by police in these violent communities, they are criticized for not caring. If they do their job in these communities and one or two get out of line, then all police are bad.
    Is this guy even in a "violent community"?

Idk about a catch 22. I think you maybe go easy on a mfer clearly picking up trash outside where he lives & maybe go harder on the guy loitering in known drug areas & more sketchy sh^t like that. But maybe there is some new crime wave going on by mfers with trash gripper thingamajigs that I'm not aware of.

There are approximately 850K cops in this country at the state, city and local level. There are a handful of incidents like this each day. While I don’t support cops using strong arm tactics and abusing their power, I also notice that the good they do is never randomly recorded. Only the bad. That’s just how it goes, bad news gets more press than good. But put things in their perspective. Close to a million cops in this country, if things were really as bad as some of these people would have you believe, there would be way more incidents like this. Especially now that everyone has a cell phone camera.
    Plenty of the good things cop do gets noticed. But obviously the bad sh^t is gonna be out in the ether more cuz the bad sh^t ANYONE does is put into the ether more. Thats human sh^t not anti-police sh^t.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      I get so tired of playing these stupid semantics games with you. Here, I'll edit my fücking posts... Jesus...
      Well you keep playing his stupid Gotcha! games, so obviously you aren't too tired of playing them.....

At what point do you admit you'd have better luck convincing a brick wall that's it's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Plus the guy DID show his ID. Apparently it wasn't good enough!
        Apparently, the ID had neither his address nor his DOB. I can't imagine it was a government issued identification

Comment

Apparently, the ID had neither his address nor his DOB. I can't imagine it was a government issued identification
          It was his school ID. What if that was his only form of ID. He clearly stated, "How am I gonna show you an ID with my address on it?"

It was probably the only ID he has. I certainly had a University ID before I had a driver's license, and there was nothing illegal about that.

Comment

I get so tired of playing these stupid semantics games with you. Here, I'll edit my fücking posts... Jesus...
            I wasn't asking you to edit anything, nor was I claiming you were wrong about anything. It was YOU who decided to tell me I was wrong Maybe you're too into this internet winning game that 1sad keeps putting in your head

The only reason I wrote to you is because I was confused about why you were in favor of the civilian adjusting his legal behavior instead of the cop adjusting his illegal behavior?

Not every conversation has to be dripping with tension. If you prefer I never write to you, then I won't. No big deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Well you keep playing his stupid Gotcha! games, so obviously you aren't too tired of playing them.....

At what point do you admit you'd have better luck convincing a brick wall that's it's wrong?
              I'm getting really tired of it. I like to debate, I like to go back and forth 'arguing' about things. But when I have to explain that I mean show your ID, not just have it on you in your back pocket, that's just too much.

I can even live with the fact that he'll NEVER EVER admit that what he said (just know your rights and don't do anything illegal) is directly contradicted by the video in question, but the semantics and word twisting is getting to be too much

Comment

What is this? Some new reality show in America called "I hate whites"?

Comment

I'm getting really tired of it. I like to debate, I like to go back and forth 'arguing' about things. But when I have to explain that I mean show your ID, not just have it on you in your back pocket, that's just too much.
                  But he did show his ID. It was returned to him at the end of the video.

I can even live with the fact that he'll NEVER EVER admit that what he said (just know your rights and don't do anything illegal) is directly contradicted by the video in question, but the semantics and word twisting is getting to be too much
                  Um....go look at the video again. Just know your rights and don't do anything illegal was not contradicted The video makes it clear who was in the wrong.

How can "know your rights and don't do anything illegal" be contradicted? So you should not know your rights and do something illegal???????

He handled it the right way and got a bad cop off the street. Props to him!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Is this guy even in a "violent community"?

Idk about a catch 22. I think you maybe go easy on a mfer clearly picking up trash outside where he lives & maybe go harder on the guy loitering in known drug areas & more sketchy sh^t like that. But maybe there is some new crime wave going on by mfers with trash gripper thingamajigs that I'm not aware of.

Plenty of the good things cop do gets noticed. But obviously the bad sh^t is gonna be out in the ether more cuz the bad sh^t ANYONE does is put into the ether more. Thats human sh^t not anti-police sh^t.
                    I’m not referring to this incident as a violent community. I’m referring the cities like Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, etc. I know a lot guys on here get tired of hearing about Chicago murder rates any time a cop does wrong somewhere, but there is a sharp contrast in how much care and outrage is shown when black on black crime far exceeds incidents of police brutality. But these communities do not want a greater police presence and really don’t give a shyt about how many die until it’s a cop who does the killing, justified or not.

Comment

I have a proposition for you.

I'll conduct the exercise. You just observe it, and then you state your opinion at the end.

I want to try something new, and hopefully fun and illustrative.

Sound interesting?.....

If so, I'll present my idea to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X