Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parker's first title defence: Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think it happens, Parker should look to cash out asapl

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      I dont think it happens, Parker should look to cash out asapl
      Parker isn't cashing out - he isn't Charles Martin. As in, he can actually fight. Problem is, the only guys who could possibly beat Parker right now aren't going near him.

AJ is the big one - but he's tied to Klitchko next. Who knows what direction Hearn will take AJ after that fight - they already screwed Parker around once before.

Second to that would be Wilder, but Parker has a pulse, so there's no chance Wilder agrees to fight him.

Luis Ortiz maybe? He's been fed cans for a while, about time he got into a real fight. I don't have faith that Hearn will put Ortiz in with anyone decent - he hasn't done it with his golden boy yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        Parker isn't cashing out - he isn't Charles Martin. As in, he can actually fight. Problem is, the only guys who could possibly beat Parker right now aren't going near him.

AJ is the big one - but he's tied to Klitchko next. Who knows what direction Hearn will take AJ after that fight - they already screwed Parker around once before.

Second to that would be Wilder, but Parker has a pulse, so there's no chance Wilder agrees to fight him.

Luis Ortiz maybe? He's been fed cans for a while, about time he got into a real fight. I don't have faith that Hearn will put Ortiz in with anyone decent - he hasn't done it with his golden boy yet.
        I think Ortiz v Briggs is a definite now, not sure where Parker goes, but if Joshua beats Klitschko and its far from certain, its get in line, Joshua goes past Canelo. You think threads are mental with the GGG/Canelo war, wont be nothing if Joshua beats Wlad, 10 threads a day about PEDs

Comment

Hughie would beat Parker imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            I think Ortiz v Briggs is a definite now, not sure where Parker goes, but if Joshua beats Klitschko and its far from certain, its get in line, Joshua goes past Canelo. You think threads are mental with the GGG/Canelo war, wont be nothing if Joshua beats Wlad, 10 threads a day about PEDs
            This place will be a warzone if Joshua beats Klitchko.

I'm kinda sick, so I love the conflict. BRING IT ON!

Comment

I thought Parker opted to go the WBO route and fight Ruiz instead of Joshua?

Comment

Scraping past a guy Tor Hamer made look average isn't exactly chest beating stuff. Parker had the Joshua fight and chose the easier route instead

And Luiz Ortiz beat Bryant Jennings from Pillar to post, and Jennings is hardly a tomato can. And it's not Wilders fault the Povetkin fight never happened

Comment

Originally posted by Synch View Post
                  Cheers, news to me.

The fact that Haye would rather fight Bellow and Hughie running from an eliminator fight speaks volumes to me. Parker may not be top 5 material, but people aren't rushing in to take him on.

Haye is not 100% , He's saving everything for a big payday with Joshua or Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    I thought Parker opted to go the WBO route and fight Ruiz instead of Joshua?
                    Partially - they went the WBO/Ruiz route when Hearn put the Parker-Joshua negotiations on hold so they could pursue Klitchko instead. I wouldn't usually have a problem with that, negotiations fail commonly - but Parker-Joshua was quite deep into talks, and by accounts, a lot of time was wasted just for Uncle Eddie to pull the plug.

DUCO/Parker said hey, we can't waste anymore time, we're going elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy05 View Post
                      Scraping past a guy Tor Hamer made look average isn't exactly chest beating stuff. Parker had the Joshua fight and chose the easier route instead
                      No, Uncle Eddie put Parker-Joshua aside so he could chase after Klitchko instead.

It was either go and get another fight, or sit there and waste more time only to end up with nothing. It just so happens, that alternative route they went down, involved a title. The deadline for Parker's IBF mando wasn't reached yet - his camp couldn't force the fight with Joshua.

Thank you Tyson Fury, though. For dethroning Klitchko, and imploding.

Comment

Working...
                      X