Did arthur abraham ruin andre dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
    Never had a heart.
    It wasn't like he took a ten round beating. Shouldn't have ruined his entire career

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
      Never had a heart.
      He runs a lot.
      Just like that **** in your avi

Speaking of never had a heart.

Saunders has been hiding his ass off for years...ducking and dodging.......... like the heartless rat he is.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        HIs career seemed to instantly go down hill after that fight
        A lot of inactivity I guess may have played a part.

I don't think the punch did much effect. He had already shown signs that he was going to struggle at the top level prior to it

Not sure if he had the heart for it. Definitely had the talent but not the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          A lot of inactivity I guess may have played a part.

I don't think the punch did much effect. He had already shown signs that he was going to struggle at the top level prior to it

Not sure if he had the heart for it. Definitely had the talent but not the rest.
          Dirrell fights a lot like Saunders...but with a far better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
            What's his best win? Abraham who was at his best 160 about 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
              Could see that but Saunders seems to have more about him.

Never seen Saunders look like a deer in the headlights like Dirrell did with Froch and Abraham.

Comment

There were several fighters that careers were ruined or ended by fouls. Dirrell probably was one of them.

Comment

He just lost his confidence happens to the best of us I'd be distraught too if a human sized egg with the eyebrows of eugene levy suckerpunched me in front of thousands of viewers.

Comment

You say his career went downhill afterwards but when was it 'uphill'? Had a horrible performance vs Curtis Stevens, had a negative, run/clinch performance vs Froch, then the AA fight which was his one standout performance until he started falling to the canvas in fear towards the end. So half a standout performance I guess. He was the same guy vs DeGale as he was vs Stevens and Froch, he just got dropped early and so couldn't run and try and land 2 punches per round after that. In all his fights he has looked talented but lacking something in his mentality/confidence. Yeah he was out of action after that AA fight but that's because next up for him was Ward and he wasn't willing to take that fight so found an excuse.

Comment

I don't believe that. One hard punch shouldn't ruin a boxer. I think he was overrated to begin with. He never had much toughness or desire to fight through trouble. Froch showed that when he almost chased him out of the ring. He uses his fast hands to land some punches and then clinch or run. He is not going to ever do well in a real war against a good game tough boxer. He is just a contender and not at the championship level.

Comment

Working...
                      X