Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua can beat Wilder. How does he avoid getting knocked out though?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    One thing ill also say is Wilder hasn't fought many guys where there are consequences for missing big punches...with Joshua there will certainly be consequences
    Good observation. Wilder misses big punches often.

Joshua is not Ortiz. If Joshua gets Wilder in the ropes, it is all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Defensively, Joshua is no Fury. Can he win a kill or be killed fight against Wilder?

Hmmm...........
      PRAISE THE LORD, SOMEBODY ASKED A BOXING RELATED QUESTION ABOUT JOSHUA AND WILDER.

Thank you Mammoth. All this talk about worth in all these threads, we all saying the same **** over and over. LETS TALK ABOUT A FIGHT BETWEEN THEM FOR A CHANGE.

Joshua wipes the fraud out.

Comment

I favor Joshua in the fight honestly (60/40ish) cuz I do think Wilder has one option to win & thats the right hand more or less. But yea as others are saying you don't get KTFO or avoid being at risk of a KO L by making your whole fight blueprint about coming into contact with that right hand as seldom as possible.

Than again just like with Fury Joshua has to be perfect cuz Wilder just needs 2 seconds to win. I will say with that that while Wilder just needs 2 seconds I do think Joshua is more equipped than most to limit Wilder getting those 2 seconds. Fury did a wonderful job of limiting the 2 seconds with his ring IQ & defense.

I think Joshua could limit Wilder getting those 2 seconds with his superior to Wilder ring IQ & with his own offense. I think unlike Fury Joshua has more ability to sleep Wilder & therefore to keep Wilder a lil more honest &/or a lot more in danger of getting KTFO himself.

Comment

One thing ill also say is Wilder hasn't fought many guys where there are consequences for missing big punches...with Joshua there will certainly be consequences
          Agree 100%.

Thats why I think from Joshua's point of view you control how easy or dangerous you make this fight. The more of a war this fight is the more likely Joshua loses. The more technical & ring IQ based Joshua makes this fight the more Joshua simply & slowly, but surely starts to put out Wilder's flame.

Thing with Wilder's power is it appears to be dangerous from round 1 to round 12, but you aren't going to kill his ability to KO you ever in this fight so you just make this fight as technical & give him as few options to do that crazy f#cking windmill sh^t on you as possible.

So while the windmill = the more chance of Joshua KOing Wilder in exciting fashion it also increases the chances Wilder touches Joshua & Joshua loses. So I think you just take as few risks while putting damage on Wilder round after round to diminish him & therefore his chances of bringing some punch from hell on your ass at some point in the fight.

Comment

It appears to me that Joshua does his best work at mid range while Wilder's punches are most effective at distance where he get the full extension on his punches.

Joshua's lack of head movement causes him a problem on the way in while Wilder seems to get a bit flustered if forced backwards.

If I were a gambling man I'd go with Joshua. If he keeps it at mid range I thinks he wins relatively easily.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Joshua must fight like he did against Klitscko. Kill or be killed. There will be a KO in this fight and a rematch then.
              ... yes -- this would be more about who lands a big punch first!...

... Andre Ward's style would work best vs Wilder -- jump in and wrestle the m'fucker into submission... (but nobody is able to emulate Ward's style...)

Comment

When wilder misses and he will miss a lot

Joshua will jump on him and knock him out

Fight will last 3 rounds max, it will be a fire fight but Joshua is the better boxer

Comment

You mean like Bermane and Ortiz?

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                  Literally just avoid the right hand. Get on the inside ,and when Wilder winds up the windmill,rip his jaw off with a short left hook.
                  So easy it's like he hasn't floored every opponent he's had.

Comment

Joshua will go after him from the opening bell. Lewis/Golota style. This fight will last 3 rounds max.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      When wilder misses and he will miss a lot

Joshua will jump on him and knock him out

Fight will last 3 rounds max, it will be a fire fight but Joshua is the better boxer
                      Joshua can move in quickly, that's where he needs to be. I'm not sure I have seen Wilder be effective on the inside. Although we didn't get to really see if Wilder had improved since Fury took him to school, we did see that Wilder can be rocked when close.

Joshua's boxing skills are a lot better than when he fought Whyte were he obviously realised his footwork and head movement needed to improve quickly to move up to World Level.

I'm not saying Charles Martin is (or was at the time) better than Whyte, but you can see that his timing, head movement and footwork improved and against a southpaw.

It in Wilder's best interests to make this fight sooner rather than later IMO because Joshua has and is always getting better.

Comment

Working...
                      X