Clear All

HBO is dumb not to invest on GGG

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Maybe he can fight Vera, Rubio or even Ishida.

Durable guys so he can go rounds.
        Rubio > Vera > Ishida

My preference.... stay outa texas too

Originally posted by Trophyboy23 View Post

But they are for Berto?

Comment

Originally posted by Trophyboy23 View Post

Word. They approved Jason Escalera (a middleweight at that) for Edwin Rodriguez and aren't showing GGG vs. Ishe Smith from what it sounds like?

Comment

Good he's actually fighting instead of waiting like alot of "HBO fighters"

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Word. They approved Jason Escalera (a middleweight at that) for Edwin Rodriguez and aren't showing GGG vs. Ishe Smith from what it sounds like?
              I heard it will be a French fighter. I don't know for sure, but it might be Julien Marie Sainte (WBA #5):

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:351538

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                I heard it will be a French fighter. I don't know for sure, but it might be Julien Marie Sainte (WBA #5):

yeah, there is no way hbo is approving a fight like that. he's already got 2 losses against no names. i think the reason they let rodriguez fight escalera was cause he already had a date set thanks to his promoter lou dibella, and escalera's undefeated record looked good on paper. is escalera dibella's fighter too, or no? either way, i don't think hbo will approve of a golovkin fight unless it's with a relative name, or someone who is close to be around the top of the MW division (sainte is nowhere near it).

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                He's all over Sergio's nuts though... I think that it's in hopes of Sergio. If he doesn't even talk about Golovkin early next year, I think his interest isn't there in making it. I mean, Golovkin will be his WBA mando after Soliman right? Unless a bigger fight happens (against Sergio) then I don't see why not
                well imo, that's all up to guys like dibella and sampson. if they're willing to risk stopping their momentum getting in there with golovkin than that fight wlll get made. but clearly, we all see martinez's team has their eyes on big money fights with guys at 154. arum didn't put pacquiao in mayweather when the time was right, and he took a while making chavez/martinez. de la hoya isn't putting alvarez up against any serious challenge unless it's making him money (cotto or mayweather), so really it's up to dibella to make that golovkin fight. imo if he didn't make a fight with quillin or pirog during the time sergio was fighting guys like dzinziruk and barker, then no one should hold their breath for martinez/golovkin.
                sampson even said martinez wouldn't fight geale because they don't want to vacate their wbc belt again, and i'm not sure geale is willing to drop all his belts to face martinez. we'll see what happens in 2013. but yeah, golovkin is geale's mando i think. he has the regular wba belt while geale has the super world wba belt. one thing that could happen though, which i hope does since martinez isn't going to be in the discussion of unifying titles at MW, the winner of quillin/n'jikam (wbo titleholder) faces geale (wba super/ibf) or golovkin (wba world/ibo).
                Last edited by chiguy91; 10-09-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

WTF.... this guy has never been 12 rounds or has been in a fight that was sanctioned for 12.... not like it'd matter though

Comment

If not on HBO lets see him on Showtime!

Comment

Or he can fight on ESPN FNF. Epix another option.

Comment

Working...
                      X