Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malignaggi refuses to fight Senchenko in Ukraine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paulie is scared. He said it was cool with Khan and he ref, but he fears a home cooking himself...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Why should European boxers have to go anywhere else to defend? The fight will make as much if not more in Ukraine.

Yes, that is true but if you want the popularity and publicity. You need to fight in the States or at the very least Mexico.

Ever notice why a lot of european boxers who either have titles or are pretty good boxers are hardly known? Because they don't fight where the media is.

Senchenko could win this fight. Winning it in the USA would do more for his career than winning it in the Ukraine. I understand him wanting to put on a show for locals but if you want to be considered top 10 p4p, it's what you have to do.

Comment

Should Paulie go to Ukraine and fight the champion? sure, why not? He IS the champ after-all, but the chances of a biased decision go up tremendously, and that can't be denied. Have it in Las Vegas, with a Ukrainian judge, an Italian judge, and then an ethnically un-biased judge lol

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Yes, that is true but if you want the popularity and publicity. You need to fight in the States or at the very least Mexico.

Ever notice why a lot of european boxers who either have titles or are pretty good boxers are hardly known? Because they don't fight where the media is.

Senchenko could win this fight. Winning it in the USA would do more for his career than winning it in the Ukraine. I understand him wanting to put on a show for locals but if you want to be considered top 10 p4p, it's what you have to do.
          Hardly known IN THE USA, but they are better known in their own countries than American boxers are in the USA. There is more free media coverage of boxing in the UK, UA and Germany than there is in the USA.

American popularity is not something he needs.

The US is NOT the center of the Universe or even the center of boxing anymore. Boxing draws larger crowds and is watched on TV by more people in Europe nowadays than in the USA.

Senchenko CANNOT win a decision in the USA and he'd be a fool to fight there.

Comment

Why? If an American boxer has a world title, he defends it in the USA. Mayweather, Taylor, Pavlik, Dawson, Hopkins, Jones and everybody else always have.

Why should European boxers have to go anywhere else to defend? The fight will make as much if not more in Ukraine.
            You can't really be that stupid, can you?

If you can't tell the difference between fighting in the Ukraine and fighting in the U.S. you're even dumber than i initially thought.

How many international boxing superstars have went to the Ukraine and actually successfully advanced their career(s)?

Manny Pacquiao? Lennox Lewis? Julio Cesar Chavez? THE KLITSCHKO'S?

Even the Ukraine's native born superstars don't even waste their time holding bouts in that godforsaken country.

If Senchenko actually cared about attempting to advance his career, he would come to the U.S. and fight... or be forever Sven Ottke.

Comment

Typical eurobum tactics. Look at either of Felix Sturm's last 2 fights, or Helenius vs. Chisora. I don't blame Paulie for refusing.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CONQUEROR View Post
                Typical eurobum tactics. Look at either of Felix Sturm's last 2 fights, or Helenius vs. Chisora. I don't blame Paulie for refusing.
                He is the Champ.

Paulie basically cherry picked him at 47 fir a title.

The champ told Paulie straight up, you want my belt, you face me here.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CONQUEROR View Post
                  Ameribums don't have to fight in Europe if they don't want to.

But Europeans are foolish to go to the USA and lose to Ameribums because of crooked officials, like Khan "lost" to Peterson on Saturday, and Zaveck "lost" to Berto because of a crooked referee in each case.

It's NOT WORTH IT, the US has more robberies and shady refereeing than anywhere in the world.

Comment

Why? If an American boxer has a world title, he defends it in the USA. Mayweather, Taylor, Pavlik, Dawson, Hopkins, Jones and everybody else always have.

I'm inclined to agree with you. If Senchenko doesn't want to come to the States, then Paulie either goes there for the belt, agrees to a neutral site somewhere else or don't fight for it at all.
                    Paulie might get robbed there... but it's not like Senchenko isn't going to not get robbed here.

Comment

Paulie knows that's not how it works. Senchenko is being totally fair here; when he says "adequate" situation, he means that Paulie doesn't have the pull with GBP to get Senchenko a big enough purse to warrant putting his title on the line abroad.

Senchenko is a decent boxer, but he's also a smart businessman. He doesn't want to get the Kotelnik treatment unless he's going to be handsomely rewarded in doing so. Nothing wrong with that.

I really want to see this fight, but Paulie doesn't have enough pull to bring it stateside. He is going to have to go to the Ukraine if he wants that strap.

Let's fookin 'ave it

Comment

Working...
                      X