Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats this stupid Talk about Marquez fighting Cotto,Clotty, and Hatton to get Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
    Cotto, Hatton.. Marg, Mosley,Clottey,Cotto were coming off loses against each other.. That's what happens when elite fighters fights elite fighters.. They are not exactly losing to bums..
    But you do realize that fighting Manny to a stand still twice trumps all that right?

Thats great that they all fought each other but against pac they were all obliterated while only one round seperates Marquez from Pac.

Im not saying they are bums but come on I think fighting Pac on even terms is a hell of a lot more impressive than geting whitewashed by him.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      But you do realize that fighting Manny to a stand still twice trumps all that right?

Thats great that they all fought each other but against pac they were all obliterated while only one round seperates Marquez from Pac.

Im not saying they are bums but come on I think fighting Pac on even terms is a hell of a lot more impressive than geting whitewashed by him.
      Maybe because Pac is just a great fighter compared to these guys..Cotto/Pac, Hatton/Pac were 50/50 going in.. Dela Hoya/Pac was a 4 to 1 odd in favor of Dela Hoya.. Marg and Clottey were the only 2 fights wherein the odds were strongly in favor for Pac.. But Clottey and Marg were the best options available for him at that time...

Pac/JMM now is no longer on even terms when fought at 144..Dont expect this fight to be made at 140.. Because it wont..

The JMM/Pac is already 2 years due its course. The only reason that it looks so attractive now is because it provides a better alternative to a Mosley/Pac fight. Not to mention there is a lot of hype over JMM win over Katsidis..But in reality, this fight is not that great like what most people here thinks..
      Last edited by mikemurni; 12-03-2010, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
        Maybe because Pac is just a great fighter compared to these guys..Cotto/Pac, Hatton/Pac were 50/50 going in.. Dela Hoya/Pac was a 4 to 1 odd in favor of Dela Hoya.. Marg and Clottey were the only 2 fights wherein the odds were strongly in favor for Pac.. But Clottey and Marg were the best options available for him at that time...

Pac/JMM now is no longer on even terms when fought at 144..Dont expect this fight to be made at 140.. Because it wont..

The JMM/Pac is already 2 years due its course. The only reason that it looks so attractive now is because it provides a better alternative to a Mosley/Pac fight. Not to mention there is a lot of hype over JMM win over Katsidis..But in reality, this fight is not that great like what most people here thinks..

I'm gonna have to disagree with you because as long as Marquez has gas left in the tank he will always give Pac ton's of headaches. I don't think Marquez would win a 3rd fight but I think it will be a hundred times more competative than any of pacs last 6 fights.

Comment

I'm gonna have to disagree with you because as long as Marquez has gas left in the tank he will always give Pac ton's of headaches. I don't think Marquez would win a 3rd fight but I think it will be a hundred times more competative than any of pacs last 6 fights.

Its an obvious case of style make fights.jmm could win 5 rounds in row and get put to sleep like williams and look way worse then most of pacquiaos last 6 opponents.Sure itll be competitive but to a point

Comment

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post
            Its an obvious case of style make fights.jmm could win 5 rounds in row and get put to sleep like williams and look way worse then most of pacquiaos last 6 opponents.Sure itll be competitive but to a point
            I think thats a little far fetched considering JMM took everything pac had and still kept coming. I still don't think pac can stop Marquez, maybe he can knock him down, but stop him? nah! Marquez is just way to smart for that.

Comment

I think thats a little far fetched considering JMM took everything pac had and still kept coming. I still don't think pac can stop Marquez, maybe he can knock him down, but stop him? nah! Marquez is just way to smart for that.

Now now, we cant get blind by the fact pacquiao is a different fighter now then back then

Comment

Why in the blue hell does Marquez who has been the only person in the last 5 years to make Pac look human have to prove himself worthy of fighting Pac again? And why does he have to beat welterweights to earn a shot at Pac?

Let me ask all you stupid fuking ******s something who did De la hoya, Hatton, Clotty, Cotto, and Margarito beat to get a shot at Pac? Oh Marquez can be the only man to fight on even terms with Pac in 5 years and then goes on to win the lineal LW title and he still has to prove himself worthy of a shot at Pac. But De La Hoya just had to beat Stevie Forbes, Hatton just had to beat Malinagii, Cotto just had to eeek out a win against Clotty, Clotty just had to give away a fight to Cotto, and Margarito just had to beat Robert Garcia.

But Marquez "only" beat the 3 best LW's in his division and 2 of them were only 7+ years his junior and not to mention actually winning his second fight with pac on one judges score card.

Sorry but some of you people are just downright stupid!

Pac moved up and moved on.

He has dismantled some true caliber ww.

While Marquez has fought..... Casamayor , Diaz and Katsidis. And lets not forget he was embarassed by Floyd.

The same Floyd that is scared of fighting Pacquiao.

Is not that Marquez doesnt deserve the fight.

Its just that Pacquiao moved up , and moved on.

And face it. Pacquiao is another beast since fighting Marquez.

How many times do I have to repeat that.

marquez se quedo atras. pacquiao mejoro.!!

Comment

Now now, we cant get blind by the fact pacquiao is a different fighter now then back then
                  exactly. Pistol keeps disregarding that obvious fact.

Pac is another fkn beast. Marquez is the same.

Pac has grown into a beast above 140. And Marquez is sluggish at 140.

Whats so fkn hard about understanding that.

It doesnt even have to be explained. its very obvious when you see them fight.

Comment

A diffrent fighter? 9 months after Marquez he obliterated Oscar! How convinient he just so happened to get better the second he stopped fighting Juan.

Comment

he needs to fight a real welter to gauge whether he has a shot at pac or its a waste of time. lightweights to welterweight is a huge gap and he needs to prove himself first or he is just after a payday. why should pac give this sucker who has constantly downgraded him for the last 4 years a payday. If you were in that situation would you want him to get a career payday after all the **** he has said. Be honest i wouldnt.

Comment

Working...
                      X