No announcement yet.

Taking up Boxing at 33

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking up Boxing at 33

Not new to the gloves, but I have never been taught how to box. Only lost one fight in my life and know that I am a very hard puncher. I want to train and lose like 90 lbs. I'm 5 ft 5 in and currently weigh 235, but I can run a mile in 10 minutes or less. I just want to really get back in shape and learn some **** to teach my sons properly. is this a pipe dream yes or no? I want to have atleast one amateur in my lifetime.

Being 5''5 and 235 you would be nearly immobile, so I can't see you even walking a mile let alone running one in under 10 mins.

But as for being 33, yes you can still box and have a masters bout, which is for over 34 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by Living Legend View Post
      Not new to the gloves, but I have never been taught how to box. Only lost one fight in my life and know that I am a very hard puncher. I want to train and lose like 90 lbs. I'm 5 ft 5 in and currently weigh 235, but I can run a mile in 10 minutes or less. I just want to really get back in shape and learn some **** to teach my sons properly. is this a pipe dream yes or no? I want to have atleast one amateur in my lifetime.
      You only live once so do what you want to do. 33 is not old however you must be realistic. Boxing is not a game. First things first is getting in shape, secondly is learning how to box. At your age and current condition this will inevitably take time. Only after you accomplish these two goals can you then even begin to consider having a fight. I appreciate you wanting to learn some **** to teach your sons, this should be your first priority. Youre ambition of having an amateur fight is good motivation, but like i said be realistic and dont be too disappointed if it never happens. Give it a try, work hard and who knows.. Best of luck in boxing.
      Last edited by jonesy; 05-26-2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

before you even start with exercise begin to diet every single day. 33 is not too old for your goal

Comment

It's cool. I took boxing at 33 myself. You seem to be realistic, not talking about career or anything, junst a will to learn how to box and acquiring something to pass on. Boxing will be good for you, I see no reason not to try.

As for age. Well... be prepared to advance slowly. Be prepared to take time off because of an injury here and there (I'm in a week-long hiatus due to shoulde rpain myself).

If you keep your pace, keep your goal, it'll work out for you. And there's a division startin at 34, as pointed above. I really believe you can get you fight(s).

Go on, keep us posted. Cheers!

Comment

Come back when you can run a mile in under 6. **** I could do 2 in 12. You sound well out of shape and with no experience of even a fight you will get murked in the amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2010 View Post
              Come back when you can run a mile in under 6. **** I could do 2 in 12. You sound well out of shape and with no experience of even a fight you will get murked in the amateurs.
              Nice help, bellend.

Comment

Your best bet is to find a trainer .Some might not want to take you on and some might .There is also boxing fitness classes and that in some gyms .Mines has 2 classes 1 for fitness and one for boxers .There's is alot older guys at the fitness class . It's mostly the same stuff .Find your local gyms and try and find a trainer .If not look for boxing fitness classes in your area to get started and get to know the basics and stuff then try a different approach once your in better shape .

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2010 View Post
                  Fuck off back to nsb cocksucker.

Comment

well go ahead not sure whats there to argue about. i mean if you tried to become a world champion then yeah its probably too late but of course you can go train and become a good boxer. you can still box another 20-30 years if you want...just not at the pro level. that doesnt mean you cant start going to the gym and work out and train and spar and all that

Comment

Working...
                    X