Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religious or not,what do you think happens after you die?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Seriously not trying to sound like the tough guy because I'm not but I never understood people's fear of death. I guess it might be cultural, in America I notice people being infatuated with the fear of death and aging, not so in Mexico.

Mexican culture embraces it, even as children the stories they tell us are about death and suffering.

I don't want to die but being scared of death is like being scared of rain, or getting sick. It's going to happen, we just don't know when. So the best thing to do is live your life to the fullest and understand the most important things in life and the relationships you have with the people you care about.
    Once you embrace the atheist or agnostic perspective, you realize that you only get one shot in this life and that there is no mystical being looking over you and your loved ones. One reckless behavior, misstep or unlucky (random) choice could prove your demise. It makes you think, it makes you act vigilantly in your approach to life. You walk away from fights, you wear your seat belt, you drive defensively, you maintain a keen sense of your surroundings. In other words, you have a heightened sense of self awareness.

All that being said, random accidents, random acts of violence, health issues, etc. , etc. kill unsuspecting people every day. That **** scares me. The a$$hole who shoots up a movie theater because his life sucks or the drunk driver who barrels into oncoming traffic. I don't want to succumb to any of that - I want to live and love (and get laid...) and have meaningful relationships. I just don't want it cut short...

Comment

Nothing, just like switching a light off.

Comment

Life will carry on just like it was before you were born. Sadly you'll know nothing about it though. The ride we are all on is going to come to an end one day, best just to enjoy yourself while you're still on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Once you embrace the atheist or agnostic perspective, you realize that you only get one shot in this life and that there is no mystical being looking over you and your loved ones. One reckless behavior, misstep or unlucky (random) choice could prove your demise. It makes you think, it makes you act vigilantly in your approach to life. You walk away from fights, you wear your seat belt, you drive defensively, you maintain a keen sense of your surroundings. In other words, you have a heightened sense of self awareness.

All that being said, random accidents, random acts of violence, health issues, etc. , etc. kill unsuspecting people every day. That **** scares me. The a$$hole who shoots up a movie theater because his life sucks or the drunk driver who barrels into oncoming traffic. I don't want to succumb to any of that - I want to live and love (and get laid...) and have meaningful relationships. I just don't want it cut short...
          Unfortunately embracing atheism does not give you a heightened sense of self-awareness but merely a heightened sense of self-love and self-centeredness. Atheism is a lie and will shortly be proven as so.

If you're asking about self-awareness... The neurosurgeon who died and saw heaven encountered languages (angels singing in Latin) which is unknown to him yet he perfectly understands it. During the tour which his half-sister gave him, he was surprised that his sister can communicate with him telepathically. And that all throughout the tour he felt an overwhelming sense of being loved because one is in the presence of God. The neurosurgeon WAS an atheist before that.

After the illumination of conscience, anyone who persists on foolishly following atheism knowing that God awaits us in heaven will spend an eternity of damnation.
          Last edited by mokmokv2; 11-21-2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Well I don't think it has so much to do with your beliefs or lack of them. Mexico is a very religious country and people don't feel that way about death. I think it's a natural obsession, especially when you get older but we are all going to die.

It is what it is.

Comment

i think once i die the next baby born is me...true sh#t.....and on goes the circle of life...

Comment

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
                Unfortunately embracing atheism does not give you a heightened sense of self-awareness but merely a heightened sense of self-love and self-centeredness. Atheism is a lie and will shortly be proven as so.

If you're asking about self-awareness... The neurosurgeon who died and saw heaven encountered languages (angels singing in Latin) which is unknown to him yet he perfectly understands it. During the tour which his half-sister gave him, he was surprised that his sister can communicate with him telepathically. And that all throughout the tour he felt an overwhelming sense of being loved because one is in the presence of God. The neurosurgeon WAS an atheist before that.

After the illumination of conscience, anyone who persists on foolishly following atheism knowing that God awaits us in heaven will spend an eternity of damnation.
                That story is intriguing no doubt. I find it interesting (but I'm skeptical) that a man of science would change his beliefs on the afterlife based on a firsthand account of a near death experience. You're incorrect in stating that the doctor was an atheist. My recollection of the story is that he was a nonpracticing Christian.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Well I don't think it has so much to do with your beliefs or lack of them. Mexico is a very religious country and people don't feel that way about death. I think it's a natural obsession, especially when you get older but we are all going to die.

It is what it is.
                Do you not approach life differently now that you are an agnostic rather than theist? Death is preventable in many ways like I stated in my previous post....

Comment

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post

religious nut job.

the mind is very prone to delusions.

its ironic that you describe athiesm as self love and self centeredness when where not the ones trying to live forever and conjuring up some complex fantasy and forcing people to believe in it.

Athiesm will be proven false shortly?

lmfaaoo just like you said world war 3 is about to start and the 2nd coming of jesus is just around the corner?

Comment

Do you not approach life differently now that you are an agnostic rather than theist? Death is preventable in many ways like I stated in my previous post....
                    I have never stated in this place whether or not I believe in god. I have argued for people's right to believe in a god and think the argument either way is ridiculous because neither can be proved or disproved.

To be honest I don't know if there is a god and frankly, it's not really important to me. I grew up Roman Catholic like 99% of most Mexicans but religion and the effect of god in my life wasn't really anything personal.

I wouldn't change my mind either way because like I said, death is inevitable. Whether we go on to another life, or we simply become worm food, it makes no difference because I can't prove either one. So fearing death is something that is a waste of time.

My mother used to tell me words of wisdom all the time and one of them was "Do not concern yourself with things you cannot control, only be worried about the things you can"

I try and live my life by that. It's like people being scared if a nuclear holocaust, I can't stop it so why worry about it?

Comment

That story is intriguing no doubt. I find it interesting (but I'm skeptical) that a man of science would change his beliefs on the afterlife based on a firsthand account of a near death experience. You're incorrect in stating that the doctor was an atheist. My recollection of the story is that he was a nonpracticing Christian.

He said that when he was younger he remembered about Jesus Christ but as he grew older and "smarter" he threw away those beliefs so that basically makes him an atheist.

Also the so-called SMART here on earth, the neurosurgeon found out that intelligence on earth is LITERALLY NOTHING compared to the consciousness one has in heaven. Our senses in heaven are heightened A THOUSAND TIMES. Since information can be transferred telepathically and our minds in heaven are attuned 1000 times over, information transfer is INSTANTANEOUS.

This made the doctor realize all his intelligence here on earth is literally nothing compared to what's in store for him in heaven. In short, in heaven, EVERYBODY IS AN EINSTEIN.

This is also the reason why we must remain humble and grounded.
                      Last edited by mokmokv2; 11-21-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X