No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor vs Peter Quillen?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor vs Peter Quillen?!?!

Just saw this on Twitter: “@stevemaxboxing: It Quillin-Taylor happens, it would be Al Haymon sacrificing one of his clients for another. A final cash-out thats in-house #Boxing ”

It would take place on January 19th on the Garcia vs Judah undercard.

Oh god no. I like Taylor but no need to end his career like this. Given his past issues why they even putting him in there vs Quillin? Man I hope this isn't true. They just need to keep Taylor fighting soft touches and keep making money off of him that way.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me at all, because it was a prediction that I made in other threads. Quillin's resume is nothing to cry home about. He already has a faded Winky, so why not add a shot-to-shit Jermain Taylor?

Comment

Kid Chocolate has the power to really damage an already fragile JT.

Someone needs to step in and stop this.

Comment

Make it happen,don't get in the ring if you don't want to get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            This doesn't surprise me at all, because it was a prediction that I made in other threads. Quillin's resume is nothing to cry home about. He already has a faded Winky, so why not add a shot-to-shit Jermain Taylor?
            Meanwhile you completely ignore the fact that he just beat N'jikam. Or is N'jikam nothing either?

Comment

Taylor was one of my favorite fighters up till the froch fight then I started liking froch, froch took his spot on my favorite list.

Taylor should have stayed retired especially after arbraham KO that was seriously hard for me too watch. Last fight I seen him Truax and that was horrible nothing like Taylor of the old and the post victory interview was kinda sad he was talking all loud and happy that he survived that kd and made it to the finish line more then winning. Hes Done.

Hope they dont make it, but if they do hopefully Taylor makes it out safe and retire for good.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Meanwhile you completely ignore the fact that he just beat N'jikam. Or is N'jikam nothing either?
                N'Jikam was basically gifted the WBO title. That being said, he was a solid opponent, and Taylor is most definitely a step back in the wrong direction. I'm a fan of faded/shot fighters getting chin-checked, but Taylor is one of those fighters that can't afford to get KTFO again.

Comment

i'll preface this by saying that i like both fighters.

JT was number one back in the day for me. i'm also quite excited about quillen's future. he's a promising fighter in a solid division.

that said, f#ck this fight.

retire, JT.

Comment

I felt that N'kjam or however you spell it could've stopped Quillin when they were heading to the 11th. Instead he wanted to hop around.

That said, of course Quillin should beat Taylor. Anything less is uncivilized (Hulk Hogan Voice)

Comment

Working...
                    X