• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what fight was more entertaining?

ali frazier I
    ali frazier III
    both great fights

I think Ali Frazier I is the better fight.

Both men are closer to their primes. They clearly have more stamina, and Ali doesn't quite sweep the early rounds like he did in the Thrilla.

Also, Joe got his hand raised. **** Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      I think Ali Frazier I is the better fight.

Both men are closer to their primes. They clearly have more stamina, and Ali doesn't quite sweep the early rounds like he did in the Thrilla.

Also, Joe got his hand raised. **** Ali.
      This here exactly. Much more drama and anticipation going in too.

Comment

it depends on what entertains you. If you like boxing skill and 2 fighters boxing on a really high level then you like I. If a brutal give and take is your thing then its III

Comment

I tend to edge the Thrilla in Manilla. But not by much!

Frazier was clearly more prime in 1971, but I think the 1975 Ali had better distance stamina and much better combination punching than in 1971. Ali's combinations were incredible, granted this might be due to Joe's head movement being not quite what it once was. But it was still something to behold. The Thrilla also had more punches landed and the fighters gave more of themselves than even in 1971.

Comment

both great but I prefer the fight of the century

Comment

Ai vs Frazier 1, I first viewed without comentators. There was an over head mic about 15 in the air center ring. It was GREAT!! Ali thought he was ready, he wasn't, back then Quarry could get you ready for most anyone but Frazier at that time was the man!
              The third fight was as good as rematches get, both men were obviously beyond their best but NOT for each other!! Thats the key in boxing is the personalities and styles that match up for great fights. Rarely do you witness "passion" in boxing but that fight was all about passion. I'll go as far to saying the corner work for both men was outstanding. You saw Dundee and Futch at their best and both were in agony over their guys!! Passion!
              Ray.

Comment

The first one.

Comment

First one.

Better, faster, and more consistent back n' forth action.

Comment

I have to go with TIM, the very definition of true grit.

Comment

Working...
                    X