Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel Floyd needs to prove himself after Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    I'm not saying Floyd cheated cause he didn't, I blame Ortiz not for the headbutt but for dropping his guard but that's the past.
    I just don't think that's how you win a fight in boxing or the street, anyway I feel deep in his head he has to beat Cotto in a convincing way to prove he still got it.
    My opinion.
    No..... Ortiz does as he is the one that considers himself "elite".

Comment

Absolutely he needs to prove himself. He needs to prove that he can win without using his damn elbow and suckerpunching like a lil b*tch.

And lets not rewrite history, Ortiz was 4-5 clean punches away from a TKO ref stoppage before the headbutt and had floyd running backwards with his hands up numerous times in that fight. Had that fight continued Ortiz would've stopped floyd within the next 2-3 rounds like Salido did Juanma

Comment

Of couse Floyd has to redeem himself, cos floyds last fight was an unsatisfactory ending as far as people are concerned.

Comment

Floyd's proved it over and over again. He's an ATG, beating Pac would be icing on the cake

Comment

For a guy who dont fight that much, whos return was eagerly awaiting by his fans and haters alike, that last fight of his is beyond a joke of a finish.

No ones arguing that he wasnt within the rules. but that is not how people wanted to see the fight end.

We wanted to see Floyd box Ortiz for 12 rounds and give him a pizza face for his dirty tactics. The refs there to do his job, and i believe he was doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Absolutely he needs to prove himself. He needs to prove that he can win without using his damn elbow and suckerpunching like a lil b*tch.

And lets not rewrite history, Ortiz was 4-5 clean punches away from a TKO ref stoppage before the headbutt and had floyd running backwards with his hands up numerous times in that fight. Had that fight continued Ortiz would've stopped floyd within the next 2-3 rounds like Salido did Juanma
              Don't ever go anywhere, this is awesome.

Comment

if anything he has to prove that he "doesnt" have it anymore

Comment

I feel Floyd needs to retire and give the sport what it needs. Him Not in it!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    For a guy who dont fight that much, whos return was eagerly awaiting by his fans and haters alike, that last fight of his is beyond a joke of a finish.

No ones arguing that he wasnt within the rules. but that is not how people wanted to see the fight.
                    I was at the fight and was pleased how it ended. Maybe it was more of a let down sitting at home watching but the MGM was loud as hell from disappointed Ortiz fans and ecstatic Floyd fans. People were talking a lot of smack but the excitement was there long after the fight.

Comment

Only thing he needs to proven is that he's STILL the man!! Ortiz deserved every bit of what he got imo. After 16yrs, people are still complaining...he's not the only fighter that gets hated on tho...it comes with greatness. He needs to proven that no version of Cotto could beat him...that's all!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X