Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle of Britain – Burns vs Mitchell...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Britain – Burns vs Mitchell...

Right now domestically i can’t think of a fight I’d like to see more. This has all the ingredients for a classic England vs Scotland showdown. Frank Warren has been true to his word lately in putting on fights the public seem to want, and this would be no exception.

I think it’s a real 50/50 fight, i just hope pen is put to paper.

Im almost certain this fight will happen.

I doubt JMM will come back to lightweight. He's probably going to fight Morales at 140 for his belt next.

So he'll vacate the WBO and these two will fight for it.

I think Mitchell takes it.

Comment

Mitchell is just coming off a loss from Kats, win over Murray. Do you think Warren will just throw him away after he beat Murray?

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
        Mitchell is just coming off a loss from Kats, win over Murray. Do you think Warren will just throw him away after he beat Murray?
        You think putting him in with Burns is "throwing him away"???

Seems like a perfect chance to get Mitchell a world title.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          You think putting him in with Burns is "throwing him away"???

Seems like a perfect chance to get Mitchell a world title.
          On that hand, why would he throw Burns away?

Whoever wins, Warren loses.

Comment

Mitchell seems more than capable of throwing himself away.

Warren might just put him in with Burns to see if he's committed enough, like he did against Murray after Mitchell's previous problems. If a world title can be put up for the winner, Warren wins no matter who loses.

Then he can put the loser in with Murray, after he gets his head kicked in by Rios and build up the winner of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              Mitchell seems more than capable of throwing himself away.

Warren might just put him in with Burns to see if he's committed enough, like he did against Murray after Mitchell's previous problems. If a world title can be put up for the winner, Warren wins no matter who loses.

Then he can put the loser in with Murray, after he gets his head kicked in by Rios and build up the winner of that fight.
              I can't see him putting Burns in with Murray or Mitchell-Murray II. If Mitchell wins, where does Burns go? He's just moved from SFW, maybe LWW? I don't think he'll go to 140 lbs though.

If Mitchell loses, where does he go? That would be his second loss against a decent opponent. I think Warren knew Mitchell had the beating of Murray and had to sacrifice him.

Lets wait for Mitchell's next move.

Comment

I see it more as whoever wins, Warren wins.

Its like Arum with his TR in house fights.

If Burns loses, he just goes back to Scotland and fights some stiffs in front of sold out crowds until Warren finds a name fighter on the decline.

Comment

Im almost certain this fight will happen.

I doubt JMM will come back to lightweight. He's probably going to fight Morales at 140 for his belt next.

So he'll vacate the WBO and these two will fight for it.

I think Mitchell takes it.
                  I think Mitchell has more natural talent, and of course he can punch – something Burns simply doesn’t have in his artillery.

However, purple patches in boxing can take fighters a long way and I’m quite sure Burns feels unbeatable right now, and so he should, in Martinez and Kats he has fought – and beat, two world class opponents.

If i had to choose I’d side with Mitchell, but by no means would i have it a sure bet.

Comment

I see it more as whoever wins, Warren wins.

Its like Arum with his TR in house fights.

If Burns loses, he just goes back to Scotland and fights some stiffs in front of sold out crowds until Warren finds a name fighter on the decline.
                    Fair play if Warren does it, I see it as some sort of Super 6. Murray is out, now it's just Mitchell and Burns. Hopefully he does make that fight and we have a definitive best LW in Britain, until Walsh is ready.

But he's invested a lot into Mitchell, another loss would be a big blow. He's also investing in Burns, who is bringing in a whole country of fans. He needs to have Burns fight in Scotland though to maximise profits.

I just can't see it happening because of Warren and his unwillingness to put the best against the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X