No announcement yet.

Underrated Premature Stoppage's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underrated Premature Stoppage's?

Name not so obvious fights from the past that you feel got stopped to early?

Orlando Salido vs Juanma

Comment

Leonard - Kalule fits the bill. Kalule beat the count, but the ref stopped it a little early.

Calzaghe - Manfredo. A pretty bad stoppage. Calzaghe throws an avalanche of punches and the unhurt Manfredo fails to throw anything back.

Dokes - Weaver. Perhaps somewhat obvious. At least it got plenty of attention BITD.

Comment

I'm assuming that JCC-Taylor qualifies as obvious.

I thought the first McCall-Lewis stoppage was a travesty. Leonard-Benitez didn't need to be stopped, although Ray would have won on points anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Orlando Salido vs Juanma
          it wasn't that early... it was a good stoppage in my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            it wasn't that early... it was a good stoppage in my opinion...
            It probably saved Juanma from a lot of extra damage that may have shortened his career. He was a beaten fighter when it was stopped.

Comment

Joey Curtis pulling the plug on the previously mentioned Dokes-Weaver I was the first fight that came to mind when I seen this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                It probably saved Juanma from a lot of extra damage that may have shortened his career. He was a beaten fighter when it was stopped.

I don't see how you can say he was a beaten fighter when he was on his feet and throwing back.

There were AT LEAST a dozen times during the Ward Gatti trilogy where those guys win worse shape then Juanma was and the fight was never stopped.

Comment

You are asking about the past but I think all fights these days are stopped to quick. You have to be the star or the home town fighter to keep from the ref stopping it on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Growth View Post
                    You are asking about the past but I think all fights these days are stopped to quick. You have to be the star or the home town fighter to keep from the ref stopping it on you.

Juanma got stopped in PR just saying

Comment

Working...
                    X