View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 08:13 AM #135
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 700 Post(s)
TMLT87 has much to be proud ofTMLT87 has much to be proud ofTMLT87 has much to be proud ofTMLT87 has much to be proud ofTMLT87 has much to be proud ofTMLT87 has much to be proud ofTMLT87 has much to be proud ofTMLT87 has much to be proud ofTMLT87 has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,045.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grange_27 View Post
OK so on that yes agree I have a friend who is a MMA fan and a boxing casual. So he watches the big boxing fights with us in a group in the pub. Knows the basics but misses subtle nuances.
This is probably the briefest vid I can find explaining the absolute basics positions of the ground game.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Bear in mind theres a hierarchy of positions, both for the fighter on the top and the fighter on his back, in terms of amount of control over the opponent plus attacking options for both strikes and submissions. Because of that hierarchy you need "passes" (or transitions) ie techniques to move from one position to another effectively. Every single position has tons of transitions, submission options etc for both opponents. Heres a rapid fire example of how intricate it can get, and remember MMA adds ground striking to this too...

Same thing from the guy on bottoms perspective...

And this is just the ground game for ****s sake. Heres the current UFC MW champ...

And heres arguably the GOAT HW showing how to beautifully transition from striking range to standing grappling range, he was one of the best at it.

This is why it cracks me up when people tune into a random UFC already looking to **** on it and then come up with the "sloppy" "bar room brawlers" "rolling around" etc stuff because it doesnt look like pure queensberry rules. The sport is technically deep as ****.
TMLT87 is online now   Reply With Quote